Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Shelly class. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Shelly class.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What programme to people use to do MSDs?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No idea- Illustrator, I'd think, or Corel Draw.

Corel is probably easier....

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll do it!
Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
basic outline done, but without the naclles or the new torpedo launchers.

-

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Neck" looks too 'thin' - it's an Excelsior neck.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good start though: my ship's neck is hat tall though- two standard Excelsior necks stacked on each other for that level of clearance from the secondary hull.

Also (only if you're making my particular ship) I've tweaked out the aft torpedo bay a bit.

Either way, this is gonna be sooo cool!

I'm hospital bound for a few days, I'll see what you've got on Friday or Saturday.
(gonna demand that free adamantium skeleton upgrade they've been promising)

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the studio model actually used a Connie neck... or maybe one version of it did... can't remember. I believe it's too dark to really make out underneath the saucer onscreen though.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Raging Queen (with the horizontally oriented nacelles) has an arrangement of two sloping pylons between the saucer and the secondary hull, apparently modified from Constitution engine pylons. These can be seen in the side image. There doesn't seem to be enough space for an Excelsior neck there, but some sort of a third pylon might still exist.

The Curry (with vertical nacelles, and seen close up on screen) has what looks like a single, thick, dark neck structure that no doubt is the original Excelsior component. The bow view shows this dark mass in silhouette. It is possible that the mass is just the result of shadows from some flimsier pylon structure, but fairly unlikely...

No hotlinking to Bernd's site and the article there, but I believe everybody here knows how to find the place...

Timo Saloniemi

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
People get from one section to the other via the Excelsior "neck" -which is still present, just moved back towards the aft of the ship.

I believe I saw a version of the Shelley which had no "neck" connection, that is, the saucer was connected to the nacelles which in turn was connected to the secondary hull. That's what I meant by an oversized Oberth.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

Basic deck layout

-

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

Bridge and lower sensor dome:

-
Full Size

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blatantly clear obviousness alert!

Is the engineer responsible for that sensor system placement still on Starfleet payroll?

Timo Saloniemi

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

...what?
Timo
Member # 245

I mean, it must be reassuring to have sensor scans to verify that your secondary hull is still attached, but that's basically the only thing this "ventral sensor array" will be able to sense...

Timo Saloniemi

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who says it can only sense down? It's placed on the ventral side of the saucer, but it doesn't mean it can't sense forward or to the sides.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps