Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Andorian Cruiser images (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Andorian Cruiser images
Jim NCC1701A
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for Jim NCC1701A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once again Rob Bonchune has done the fans proud [Smile]
http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=137500

--------------------
It's life Jim, but not as we know it...

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd rather not have to join a messageboard just to view a couple of pictures, thanks.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
C'mon, somebody FlareUpload these suckers!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright, keep yer shorts on!

http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/858/andorian-bottom.jpg
http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/858/andorian-front.jpg
http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/858/andorian-rear.jpg
http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/858/andorian-side.jpg
http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/858/andorian-top.jpg

Cool! But I gotta say, that front section is a lot narrower than I thought it was.

B.J.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
andorian-bottom.jpg. I love it. Tell that bonchune-guy to cheer up, though, step out of the twilight when modeling.
I look at that front view and hear "Greeeenfields are gone now, parched by the sun / goooone from the valleys where rivers used to run"

Very nice model, though. Wish we'd seen andorian ships in TNG.

Nice aft-view as well. Wing pylons remind me of the...Event Horizon.

Oh no...

"Gooone with the cold wind that swept into my heart / gone with the lovers who let their dreams depart"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spot the variable geometry nacelle pylons.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to let everyone know, I am registered at HobbyTalk (I had to so that I could PM Bonchune), so I can always get pics for people too.

Also, I asked Bonchune about the "Starfleet Delta", or "Iceland" as Mark likes to call it. He said he'd work on that next!

I also asked him about the Ent-J from "Azati Prime." However, it was Doug Drexler who worked on that, not him. He did say that it was done quick and dirty, and was not really detailed in any way like a model they would use in multiple shots. I take it he's referring to the underside of the saucer we saw, and not the Calendar pic, which looks nothing like the saucer underside.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the idea around FINALLY getting orthos of the E-J is so we can get an idea of its shape and proportions. How big are the nacelles compared to the saucer? DOES she have a secondary hull? Fandom artists will be filling in the rest. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And after the "Iceland", we need to get pics of the D'Kyr! [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well, the idea around FINALLY getting orthos of the E-J is so we can get an idea of its shape and proportions. How big are the nacelles compared to the saucer? DOES she have a secondary hull? Fandom artists will be filling in the rest.
Unfortunately, that would entail contacting Drexler, and although I did that a long time ago (to get the DS9 Tech Manual ship pics), I've long since forgotten his email address.

However, I'm wondering: Is that picture in last year's calendar an actual CGI model, or is it just a matte painting? If so, then the only "CGI" involved for the Ent-J would be that itty-bitty chunk of saucer underside; no top view, no nacelles, no secondary hull. Why create them, if they wouldn't be seen out of that window?

Jim NCC1701A
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for Jim NCC1701A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
C'mon, somebody FlareUpload these suckers!

Would've done 'cept I haven't posted enough to earn the right...

--------------------

Jim NCC1701A
Member # 1021

quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
Nice aft-view as well. Wing pylons remind me of the...Event Horizon.

Oh no...

Yeah, I got a bollocking for saying "the name that shall not be mentioned' in the thread about Irishtrek's carrier...

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Wing pylons remind me of the...Event Horizon."

They remind me of Drazi ships (upside down), but maybe that's because I've been rewatching B5 lately...

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And now a couple of 3/4 views:
http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/858/andorian-front-3qrt.jpg
http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/858/andorian-rear-3qrt.jpg

B.J.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Delectable.
I haven't seen any eps with this ship, where are the weapon mounts? In its "mouth", in the bow trench?

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps