Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Warp Delta pics (Page 4)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Warp Delta pics
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you're saying that wasn't CGI, that scene? Got any proof?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LW = Lightwave. So it's CG.

And you guys have already fogotten Matt?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matt who? Seriously.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

MattC
Member # 1391

- posted      Profile for MattC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me? I just turn up from time to time to correct you lot. And to hunt down idiots who steal my artwork for their geeky webpages.

Memories are obviously short.

A for the USS Emmette: 276314 polygons to be precise.

M.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any chance of getting some pictures of the USS Emmette? Pretty please? [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

MattC
Member # 1391

- posted      Profile for MattC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
maybe.
machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do people keep calling it "lunar ship", BTW? I thought it had been established it was an early warp vessel orbiting over a colony...
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always thought of it as a Lunar colony seen below. But the nacelles seem to suggest a warp ship. And the fact that the ship shown right before looks very earth-based, it would be reasonable that the "lunar" ship is showing the first steps outside the Sol System.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I, as someone who actually remembered Matt from our previous Calendar discussions et. al., would like to politely ask if he could whip something up of the Emmette as well, sorta like how we've seen views of the Intrepid et. al. I hereby recommend the use of Andy's firstborn as payment.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pictures or no pictures, though, I'd like to know why it's the U.S.S. Emmette as opposed to just the Emmette. If this ship predates the NX-01, why would it have a USS prefix? Was it still supposed to part of some kind of combined Earth military force?

Oh... and what's the registry on her (if there is one)?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps its just a behind the scenes nickname?
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Pictures or no pictures, though, I'd like to know why it's the U.S.S. Emmette as opposed to just the Emmette. If this ship predates the NX-01, why would it have a USS prefix? Was it still supposed to part of some kind of combined Earth military force?
Perhaps the U.S.S. stands for United States Ship, just like naval vessels. Between First Contact and ENT, the United States obviously still existed, so maybe it was an American spacecraft.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MattC:

(1) Remind me who you are again?
(2) Are you serious about the ship being called Emmette? This is the official CGI model used on the show that we're talking about?
(3) Is the "U.S.S." prefix on the model or did you just add that?

Thanks,
-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to know where all this info about the lunar ship is coming from. I mean what is Lightwave, some sort of 3d model viewing program? And how did MattC gain access to the mode? And is the ship really called the Emmette? Does even have markings? I mean why write a name on the ship if it isn't even going to be visible. I liked to know the source of this info.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I mean why write a name on the ship if it isn't even going to be visible."

Well, by that logic, why even build the front half of the ship, since the credits sequence only showed it from the back?

It's not like it's difficult to slap a name on there. I'm sure whoever made the model just felt like it.

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps