Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Ships of the Line art book coming (Page 11)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Ships of the Line art book coming
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the ship was stolen from the Starfleet Museum and disapeared soon after...
Prahaps it was stolen by that Fanboy Alien from Futurama.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welshy!
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Maybe the ship was stolen from the Starfleet Museum and disapeared soon after...
No, you're thinking of the Excelsior. [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I was able to skim the book today at Barnes and Noble. I wouldn't recommend it for purchase. For one thing the scenes are considerably scaled down (the book is fairly small) and some scenes even have sections cut off. For example, the scene with the Ent-D and the "Stingray ship" has a portion of the picture with Stingray's left nacelle cut out. The only interesting thing I found in the book is that the "Stinray" is called the Altair and it's not from the far future but a prototype commissioned by Starfleet to create a starship chasis that can achieve higher warp velocities.
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wank.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, there's no Trek on the screens right now. Wank is all's we gots!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a photo that's SO appropriate.. but so naughty..

Oh well.

How are the pages set out? Are the pictures on double page spreads with explanations on other pages, or overlayed on the image? Are there any new images aside from the front cover?

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Well its set up like this:

On the Left page a small one sentence discription or quote with the picture on the Right page.

I never had all the Calenders, so I couldn't tell you what images were new or old but I did see one pic which had a Miranda plummeting into a planet with its life boats landing on the surface of the planet.

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh. Sounds like they waste a lot of space. Especially considering it's basically a picture book. [Confused]

The Miranda image was in a calendar a few years ago, iirc.

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
None of the pictures from the vertical-format "National Geographic" edition (as described by Mojo, from the second year, I think) are included.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which is sad since I wanted to see how it would look like... you think Mojo will release them?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
The only interesting thing I found in the book is that the "Stinray" is called the Altair and it's not from the far future but a prototype commissioned by Starfleet to create a starship chasis that can achieve higher warp velocities.

So.... did anyone notice the similarities between the "modified" Enterprise-J and the Altair?
 -
 -
It's the same bloody ship, only without the saucer! Now that's lazy...

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because they've never done that before.

Ever.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not only that, but the crack-smoking person who wrote that inane caption (and who is most certainly NOT Doug Drexler), should be shot. The ship is obviously not a 24th century prototype, but a ship from the 26th century. Apparently the caption-writer never saw ENT's third season.
Johnny
Member # 878

Yes, like I said over on SFM, it looks like they just removed the saucer of the Ent-J and "tada!", they had a new, slightly cooler ship. The very forward bridge module type section is probably the only difference.

--------------------

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.