Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Ships of the Line art book coming (Page 12)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Ships of the Line art book coming
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm willing to bet money that someone thought no one wound notice. The E-J underside has NEVER been seen, so th eartist probably took their Altair model, popped the E-J saucer out of its housing and flipped it upside-down, and just pasted it on.

However, I'm still willing to bet that the model as depicted is simply another Enterprise...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
The only interesting thing I found in the book is that the "Stinray" is called the Altair and it's not from the far future but a prototype commissioned by Starfleet to create a starship chasis that can achieve higher warp velocities.

So.... did anyone notice the similarities between the "modified" Enterprise-J and the Altair?
 -
 -
It's the same bloody ship, only without the saucer! Now that's lazy...

Wank.
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One wonders whether the Altair came first, or the alternate E-J. The "bridge dome" on the former seems like an ill-fitting add-on...

In any case, I find the Altair an interesting design, the alt-E-J not so. It seems the best starships are often born when a studio bigwig turns the sketch upside down, or bow aft, or takes just half the ship, or decides to use a sidearm or sensor design as a ship design...

Timo Saloniemi

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That looks more Cardassian than Federation.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.