Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Ships of the Line art book coming (Page 2)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Ships of the Line art book coming
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Peregrinus:
So I can use the '01 calendar again in '09 (I believe).

Do you also split your toilet paper sheets into plies and horde ketchup packets from restaurants?

I tend to write all over my calendars, so mine would unusable.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't buy calendars. I know what day it is & I know how to do simple math. The only one I have is on my WC door because Supper Buffet (a Chinese place) was giving them away for free right aroudn the time of my annual Chinese New Year party.

Fuckers.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, you're cheap?

CHEAP I SAY!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I just...y'know..have an excellent temporal sense. In any universe.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I have the calendar for this year and I like it. I think a better marketing idea would be to take some of the images and enlarge them to posters. Or they could just give the art book a provocative name like I dunno maybe "SEX".
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VERY few people are likely to want a poster of anything STar Trek up in their home.

Seriously, I love the shows, but Trek as decor is just not something you want a woman to see right off when you bring her home....

(insert obvious cliche' about trekkies living in their mom's basement forver)

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Shik
Member # 343

Have I proved nothing to you yet?

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Frankly, looking at your (track) record, NO.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Shik
Member # 343

Look at the picture in my profile. Above them? Jeri Ryan poster. To their right, the Soveriegn-class cutaway. I will add that both those lasses slept in my bed with me that night.

I WIN.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Does that say something good about you, or desperate about them. [Wink]
Sovvie cutaway: cool. Jeri Ryan poster: stalker-riffic.

Seriously, whatever works for you- I've got my models on (tasteful) display, so I suppose there's some Trek to be had at a casual glance, though I'm more into greek philosiphy and rows of books at diffrent levels along the walls.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trek-art only... TMP Enterprise refit cutaway, TOS Enterprise cutaway, ERTL's -A and -D utaways, DS( cutaway, Voyager gutaway, Romulan Warbird poster from the old TNG mag, whatever SotL calendar is current, and I know I'm almost certainly forgetting a couple. They've been in storage along with all my other art sincemid'02. [Frown]

And no, Aban, I just like to reuse calendars I really like. I have a small day-planner to write stuff down on. Easier than writing on a vertical surface.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shik:
Look at the picture in my profile. Above them? Jeri Ryan poster. To their right, the Soveriegn-class cutaway. I will add that both those lasses slept in my bed with me that night.

I WIN.

Seems like one of your lady friends has a inch she can't quite scratch.
The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My landlord doesn't let us have posters (he put it in the contract, along with traffic cones, pets, candles and foot spas).

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Shik
Member # 343

Not even framed ones? All my stuff is framed with shitty Walmrt ones.

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No foot spas?!? WTF?
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps