Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Ships of the Line art book coming (Page 5)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Ships of the Line art book coming
MattC
Member # 1391

- posted      Profile for MattC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny:
The Ambassador and Constellation have both been in the Ships of the Line calendars before. Snazzy cover, but the blurb definitely gives the impression that there won't be anything new. Poop. [Frown]

The Ambassador is a completely new model. I know, I made it with my pal Simon [Smile]

M

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a bloody awful lot of ships!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That does look pretty cool. I think I only ever bought one of the calendars, so the book is looking pretty good to me.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
Well, it has been dieting. How nice of you to notice.

Well I was just saying because you know, it could be anorexia nervosa.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mabye the Enterprise E has bee stealing it's food: that beergut might also explain the extra decks from Nemesis.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MattC
Member # 1391

- posted      Profile for MattC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Err....no.

That's just how the model is, I'm afraid. That particular one is the old Digital Muse one.

M.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not how the physical model is though....I have a ton of reference pics of that and (to my eye at least) that one on the cover looks ...off.

Could just the tiny image posted is not great too.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Mabye the Enterprise E has bee stealing it's food: that beergut might also explain the extra decks from Nemesis.

Simple the E-E is a TARDIS. In First Contact itself - the number of decks changed. In Nemesis - the 'Viceroy' was knocked off by Riker on - I think - the bottom deck where he proceeded to fall at least another 10-20 decks. Ohhh! Maybe we can put Nemesis in the "The Final Frontier" basket... "life is but a dream". Nah TFF was better than Nem.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MattC:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny:
The Ambassador and Constellation have both been in the Ships of the Line calendars before. Snazzy cover, but the blurb definitely gives the impression that there won't be anything new. Poop. [Frown]

The Ambassador is a completely new model. I know, I made it with my pal Simon [Smile]

M

Well an Ambassador has been in the Calendar before, it was in the shot of all the Enterprises docked at a station.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

MattC
Member # 1391

quote:
Well an Ambassador has been in the Calendar before, it was in the shot of all the Enterprises docked at a station. [/QB]
No shit, sherlock. Sean did that one, but it's total crap. It was just a redress of a public domain one he found apparently.

M.

MattC
Member # 1391

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Not how the physical model is though....I have a ton of reference pics of that and (to my eye at least) that one on the cover looks ...off.

Could just the tiny image posted is not great too.

I know that ship like the back of my hand [Wink]

That particular set of geometry was done by ILM for Insurrection. Muse took it, ported it to LW, reduced the texture resolution for TV use.

M.

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MattC:
quote:
Well an Ambassador has been in the Calendar before, it was in the shot of all the Enterprises docked at a station.

No shit, sherlock. Sean did that one, but it's total crap. It was just a redress of a public domain one he found apparently.

M. [/QB]

Right, and that's all I said. That the Ambassador class had been in the Calendars before. You seem to have taken it to mean I thought it was your model in that calendar, when it was really the "total crap" one. Doesn't really matter to me whose model it was, since I was only describing the type of ship.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I think "Johnny Sherlock" has a nice ring to it though.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MattC
Member # 1391

true enough [Wink]

and no, I haven't forgotten about the warp delta either...just been a bit busy with work to open LW lately.

M

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's alright, we know the results will be worth the wait, the bribes, and that thing where Johnny was in a lace negligee on a street corner. Really, what was THAT part all about..?

My previous post had been about looking for new CG models, even of existing ships. So, if the Ambassador is new, then hopefully the Constellation or others would get a similar sprucing up. And label changes - yes, we notice every single one. [Wink]

Say, is the cover image representative of the proportions of the book? If so, I suppose this means that the various ships that had been "creased" in previous calendars will be visible in full glory this time out...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps