Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Ships of the Line art book coming (Page 6)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Ships of the Line art book coming
MattC
Member # 1391

- posted      Profile for MattC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I created the Ambassador on my own (with Simon). Doug just asked if he could use it.
It weighs in around 650000 polygons. About 60 lights, window boxes behind every window, all markings are modelled, detailed primary and secondary shuttle bays, ribbed phaser strips, etc.

Not too bad...but we've decided to do another one [Smile]

M

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could you share some pictures of your Ambassador, Matt? Or any other ships, for that matter.

--------------------
Sheridan: "Well, as answers go, short, to the point, utterly useless and totally consistant with what I've come to expect from a Vorlon..."
Kosh: "Good."
Sheridan: "I REALLY hate it when you do that..."
Kosh: "Good."

MattC
Member # 1391

- posted      Profile for MattC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure, if I get near the house in the next few days.
MattC
Member # 1391

quote:
Originally posted by MattC:
Sure, if I get near the house in the next few days.

I'll be home tonight, so I'll put up an image or two of the Ambassador and a couple of other things.

M

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have any official Steamrunner images, I'd kill for those!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MattC
Member # 1391

I have no idea why the heck you'd want to see any images of that thing. I don't have any, but sheesh, the textures were culled from the sovereign model.

M

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really? Well, it's still a beautiful design.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

MattC
Member # 1391

As promised....

http://mattc.vip.warped.com/public_images/

A few shots of the Ambassador.

Regards
M.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, that's nice. Hello wallpaper. Thanks, MattC.
MattC
Member # 1391

I did those about 6 months ago. Geometry got cleaned up some more, a few more details here and there.

M

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome stuff, Matt. I think this is the first time I've seen someone separate the Amby saucer witht he requisite details. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome new desktop backgrounds for my collection! [Cool]

And though I never thought about it, it makes perfect sense for the Ambassador to have saucer-sep capability... except that the saucer doesn't have any impulse engines! [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

MattC
Member # 1391

Yeah, I did think about that. Oh well, roll on V3.0 [Smile]
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope it's okay, I took the liberty of using one of those awesome high-res images and created a shiny background scene for it. (I just love the Flaming Pear Photoshop plugins... I may not know much about Photoshop [Elements], but their three space-theme plugins�LunarCell, SolarCell, and Glitterato�are friggin' awesome!)

http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/444/Ambassador_to_the_Stars.jpg

I'm not sure I got quite the right angle for the lens flare, though... should it be a bit further to the right? I used the shadows on the engineering hull as my reference, but I don't have a whole lot of experience with this kind of artwork.

This is just a lower-res reproduction to show off, but if Matt's okay with it, I can post the full 1900x1200 version for large-screen monitors!

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SWEET....I'm going to have to nab those plugins.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps