Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Ships of the Line art book coming (Page 7)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Ships of the Line art book coming
MattC
Member # 1391

- posted      Profile for MattC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd rather you didn't. Sorry, just had bad experiences with stuff like that.

If you want, I'll render something up on Sunday with a background. I've probably got something on the HD somewhere.

M.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure Matt, no problem. Do you want me to take that small version down, too? Or shrink it down even smaller?

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I reckon Matt finds any use of his pics slightly objectionable as it induces flashbacks to numerous RPGs that nicked them, after removing any credits. [Razz]

I think I remember these pics from the thread that was on SFM before the meltdown. Good to see them again.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Super pics, thanks Matt!

P.S. Don't forget about the Emmette... [Wink]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow - beautiful!!

One nitpick - ain't I a stinker - the E-C had a blue impulse engine glow.

One might also assume that the Ambassador - an earlier ship to the E-C had a blue glow too, whereas the later versions like the Yamaguchi had the red glow.

I *LOVE* the saucer separation! I just beamed when I saw that (as in grinned you dirty people). [Smile]

Hmmm I don't think I've used glitterato!! I have the other lunar/solar cels.

Oh and why the 'Emmette' again - isn't that the name of one of the characters of "Queer as Folk"?

[Smile]

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The blue glow could have been the result of combat damage, though. [Smile]

Does this model have aft torpedo tubes? I really dig the teeny weeny twin fwd assembly.

Timo Saloniemi

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did the Excelsior have a blue impulse engine? (Ignore the E-B which wasn't around when the E-C was built and filmed).
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In ST6, the Excelsior impulse engines were definitely red. Contrary data would have to come from ST3, then, since the ship wasn't powered up in ST4 and ST5. But IIRC we don't see the Excelsior from the rear in that movie, except again in depowered state.

Timo Saloniemi

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matt's Ambassador does have aft torpedo launchers. There's a small indentation in the upper secondary hull between the neck and the aft shuttlebay. And Matt's separated saucer could only be propelled by thrusters for an escape from the secondary hull, though it looks like reconnection is possible without station aid.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

MattC
Member # 1391

- posted      Profile for MattC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In regards to the blue glow, my lighting setup for the Ent-C markings does have it. I prefer the red though, so I rigged up the Ambassador for it to be like that.

Doug used the blue impulse rig in the book, so it should have the blue impulse engines.

The impulse engines for the saucer section (we did think about this) are 'likely' to be hidden behind some blow off panels or some such (I'll think about this for the next revision). I'l discuss it with Simon.

There should be an image of that sucker in the 2007 SOTL calendar as well (along with the D and a few BoPs).

As for the Emmette, well, is it that important to know what the heck it was called.....

M

PS: And yes, RPG's do indeed suck rat's rectums.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP* Holy Excuses, Batman! It's the Dog-Ate-My-Homework alarm! Is this your way of saying you're not able to provide proof of what the USS Mana-Mana Do-Dooo-Dee-Doo-Doo was actually called? 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

MattC
Member # 1391

quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
*BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP* Holy Excuses, Batman! It's the Dog-Ate-My-Homework alarm! Is this your way of saying you're not able to provide proof of what the USS Mana-Mana Do-Dooo-Dee-Doo-Doo was actually called? 8)

How about "I just don't care enough to make it a priority right now".

M

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Hey Matt, want something REALLY obscure to model... how about the Excelsior study model (a Ralph Maquarrie version) that is seen in a back area of Spacedock in STIII!! [Smile]
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh, somebody's snippy today. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Easy, lad. He's posting this stuff solely at his discretion, and antagonizing him is probably not going to loosen him up any.

Matt, it's true, those of us who are fixating on this must be a little funny in some way...but it comes with the territory. I am most interested in seeing pictures of the model primarily because compiling shiplists is one of my favorite Trek-related activities, and also because I'd like to see how it compares to the Warp Delta, which Rob Bonchune told us was based on it.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.