Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Ships of the Line art book coming (Page 8)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Ships of the Line art book coming
MattC
Member # 1391

- posted      Profile for MattC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Hey Matt, want something REALLY obscure to model... how about the Excelsior study model (a Ralph Maquarrie version) that is seen in a back area of Spacedock in STIII!! [Smile]

Nah. And that was the Enterprise Refit study model that Maquarrie did.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and I'm teasing, not antagonising.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Umm...What about the battle of Wolf 359?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MattC:
quote:
Hey Matt, want something REALLY obscure to model... how about the Excelsior study model (a Ralph Maquarrie version) that is seen in a back area of Spacedock in STIII!! [Smile]

Nah. And that was the Enterprise Refit study model that Maquarrie did.
Oh yeah, that's right.

Anyone want to try making it and giving it a "true-to-trek" feel - i.e. the hull plating/colour etc?

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know, what about the Battle of Wolf 359? Unless you're asking me there on a date, in which case the answer's "I'm washing my hair."

--------------------

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Anyone want to try making it and giving it a "true-to-trek" feel - i.e. the hull plating/colour etc?
Just take a Star Destroyer, add nacelles and a saucer, and there you go.

As for origins of ship names, some people here just like to know obscure info like that. Me, I could care less. I just want to see the ship [Wink]

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't you just love double posting?
Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

PS: And yes, RPG's do indeed suck rat's rectums.

Wow, generalise much?
MattC
Member # 1391

- posted      Profile for MattC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Boh:
quote:

Wow, generalise much?
Only when those theiving dorks are involved.

M

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it possible to ask what piece of artwork they stole? Those RPGs looked craptacular anyway.
Lee
Member # 393

Oh, they steal everything. I've found whole pages of my site lovingly recreated on more than one Trek RPG site. . .

--------------------

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Boh:
quote:

Wow, generalise much?
Only when those theiving dorks are involved.

M

Hell, if we're generalising, they're all Star Trek fans, I guess all Star Trek fans are theives too.

They write stuff, so I guess all writers are theves.

They're on the internet, I guess everyone on the whole internet is a huge thief.

Guess I'd better start stealing your work then.

A bad experience isn't a free ticket to be a dick.

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh please, there�s a huge difference in using other peoples material and crediting them and asking permission as opposed to rpg:s stealing entire pages or hotlinking to my images which happens all the time. I�ve contacted at least 4 pages this month alone.
So captain Boh, never done anything creative yourself since you can�t recognise the feeling when people use the material you�ve been sweating over for days or weeks without permission?

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

MattC
Member # 1391

quote:
Is it possible to ask what piece of artwork they stole? Those RPGs looked craptacular anyway.

There were about a dozen over the last 12 months from either me or my compadres. In the end, we got sick of policing it.

m.

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

I've had work stolen from me. That doesn't mean I condem an entire group for the actions of some of its members.

Play by Email RPGs are what got me into 3d modeling and 3d modeling is what got me into forums. I'm not stealing other peoples images and I never have.

I've met quite a lot of great people through RPGs, people who have been great friends and helped me get through some really terrible times, people who have inspired me to better myself and do something with my life. I've also met some terrible people, but I don't let them sour me on those who aren't.

The fact of the matter is, only about 1 in 10 people involved in RPGs even have a say it what turns up on the internet, so most of the stealing is done by a very small part of their community. Most of the members probably don't even know the work on the sites is stolen. I didn't until I got into 3d.

So yes, some RPGers are most definately huge, image stealing dicks. But so are members of a ton of other groups.

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps