Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Ships of the Line art book coming (Page 9)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Ships of the Line art book coming
MattC
Member # 1391

- posted      Profile for MattC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boh,

It's ok. SFM managed to sour me completely on showing anything publically anyway.

M.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SFM?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhhhhh I thought you meant those RPG books that came out a few years ago!!

How do you track hot-linkers?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
SFM?

SciFi-Meshes.com.

I'm surprised anything untoward happened there, pretty much everyone is paranoid about image theft, so I would've thought it'd be quite a safe place to post stuff. I've had my work stolen when it was posted on TrekBBS(once a guy actually reposted it within a couple of days and claimed it was his work), but never SFM.

It's a shame that people feel they can't post their work because of a tiny minority of thieving twits.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

MattC
Member # 1391

- posted      Profile for MattC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah, I just can't stand the geeks.....

Meanwhile, hope you like my Enterprise-C in the SOTL 2007 calendar [Smile]

Big kudos to my pal Alain for doing the image

M

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something tells me... yes.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will the E-C be doing something interesting? It's always tricky I guess trying to think up new and interesting positions for starships in the calendars?

--------------------

MattC
Member # 1391

Some Yesterday's Enterprise thing apparently.

M

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Matt, can you do us ONE big favour... before the book comes out or the calendar - go through and check that the starships don't have 5 different registries or names over them.

--------------------

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, like he's really going to do that. And, anyway, what would be the point?

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. If we were assured that all these little glitches were taken care of, then what's the point of buying the product if not to scrutinize every pixel? [Smile]

In any case, most of the artwork will be simple re-prints of existing calendar pictures, and not re-renders. For the new stuff though, we ARE due fewer mistakes, which Matt and the other artists are indeed improving at doing.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just grabbed this from startrek.com's article about the soon to be released book:
 -
quote:
The mystery of the missing Columbia NX-02 lasted for two centuries, until it was discovered in the early days of the Dominion War.
Image by Pierre Drolet
From "Ships of the Line" by Pocket Books

Looks like there's going to be a few suprises afterall!
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW!!

FUCKING WOW!!

I'm gonna guess that means Hernandez didn't get to stay with Archer after all...unless Columbia had a different captain. Also, that's...remarkably intact for "abrupt planetfall."

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fantastic! [Big Grin]

Is the craft closest to the camera one of the workbees from Nemesis, or an extended version of the Argo buggy?

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool, it seems that Ships of the Line may end being made in the same style as the Terran Trade Authority books.
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps