Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Looking For Two Starships (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Looking For Two Starships
SwSmith
Member # 1319

- posted      Profile for SwSmith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello! Does anyone have any pictures or drawings of the USS Marco Polo NCC-7219 and the USS Caspian NCC-5507 from the DC comic book "Thin Ice" TNG Vol.2 or know where I can find some.

Thanks!

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SwSmith:
Hello! Does anyone have any pictures or drawings of the USS Marco Polo NCC-7219 and the USS Caspian NCC-5507 from the DC comic book "Thin Ice" TNG Vol.2 or know where I can find some.

Thanks!

No pics right off but leads at least to your search... [Big Grin]

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Side views at http://topher.pleh.net/tosmovie/ ...

The Caspian should be much like USS Troy at the lower part of the page.

Timo Saloniemi

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice page Timo, but it's incomplete. I can't find the USS Cuttenpaste anywhere there! 8)

Also, I know the name USS Trial is canon, but is the registry and/or class?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More than likely Trial was the Miranda that we saw.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the (amazing) guys at the STSTCS boards made these up for me:
http://www.geocities.com/trekcross/Fed_size_comparison_BW.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/trekcross/Kling_size_comparison_bw.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/trekcross/Rom_size_comparison_bw.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/trekcross/Misc_size_Comparrison_BW.jpg

Damn cool stuff.

Timo- ya wanna color these? That would rock.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Currently unavailable"...

Besides, I didn't do the page I linked to. It even says "Topher" in the link. [Wink]

But I love to color starships. Now where did I put my whitish-bluish crayon box...?

Timo Saloniemi

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha-haaaah! You didn't say anything about the INSIDE of the ship, did you? Here's a couple pics I scanned ages ago of the Marco Polo's bridge:

-
 -

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes yes, that page is mine. There's actually a version of the Marco Polo done by Reverend on the ASDB website, I think...

And that whole bit about the Trial is just a little brain blurb on my part...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lot of those Starfleet designs on both pages make my colon itchy. Also, the one that Jason posted has some serious "WTF, MATE?!?" scaling issues.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No- that's the official FASA scales at work- I guess the notion was that the standard nacelle from a connie refit could be scaled down to accomidate smaller starships Just as they did in TNG).

Takes some getting used to though.

The stuff at the far right is NOT supposed to be in scle with the starships- the upper right are the huge Spacedock structures and the bottom right are the small cutters and monoitor craft.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Timo
Member # 245

Some of the FASA designs make 0.82 ounces of sense if you scale them by the cut/paste saucers and nacelles. Some make sense if you assume two scales for each item, 100% and 50%, and pretend that the 50% solutions look slightly different. Some just don't.

I still sort of like the Andor, and perhaps the Chandley, despite the pylons...

And the Marco Polo is pretty enough to look at. In which context in the comic is she defined to be a Challenger class vessel? Is there any wiggle room?

Timo Saloniemi

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope. At one point Troi is looking up the bio of the Marco Polo's CO. It quite clearly states on the computer screen that she's a Challenger-class starship.

Mark

--------------------

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.trekships.org/challenger-c.jpg

Here's the Challenger. This pic is from Bernd's site, although the URL says "trekships.org."

Don't have any pics of the Caspian, though (I don't have the comic, either, or I'd make 'caps).

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Meh. Find a Larson-class destroyer, swap the nacelle and saucer for a movie-era equivalent, and off you go.

http://vintagestarships.tripod.com/contentpages/larson.htm

Mark

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps