Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » U.S.S. Emmette (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: U.S.S. Emmette
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MattC:

I know you're an extremely busy person, but I'd just like to give you a friendly reminder that if you get the chance, could you please post the pics of the U.S.S. Emmette from the title credits of ENTERPRISE?

Thanks, man.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a pic a while back, which was a different angle of the Emmette in partial wireframe state. I haven't posted it or passed it on, but I didn't know if I was supposed to or allowed to (given discussion to the contrary on the other thread). Matt, can I or should I?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the delta configured ship (that was dubbed the Iceland by us)?
I'm currently building a model of that ship, but with DS9/FC era technology, as a frigate.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, the Iceland is the delta we see in the show - the Emmette is the arguably early warp ship we see in the credits, which is most certainly NOT the Iceland.

Mark

--------------------

MattC
Member # 1391

- posted      Profile for MattC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
I got a pic a while back, which was a different angle of the Emmette in partial wireframe state. I haven't posted it or passed it on, but I didn't know if I was supposed to or allowed to (given discussion to the contrary on the other thread). Matt, can I or should I?

Mark

Well, I'd rather you didn't other than to confirm what I said.

For the rest, Mark seemed to bea good guy to independently verify it all. So there you have it.

M.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
No, the Iceland is the delta we see in the show - the Emmette is the arguably early warp ship we see in the credits, which is most certainly NOT the Iceland.

Mark

Ah...

Is it the smae ship that Archer has the RC model of though?
You'd think you could screencap that for some piics in a snap.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hobbled together a rough three plan of what I thought the Moon-Orbiter ship looked like... but before I could get to scanning it - it was thrown out... not by me of course.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Is it the same ship that Archer has the RC model of though?

Not the same. All three "flying wings" are distinct, at least in terms of their tails: the Emmette has the Imperial Star Destroyer circular engine nozzle layout, the Iceland has two narrow nozzles, and Archer's model ship has two rectangles.

It remains to be seen how similar the hulls of the first two ships are; the model ship has a very angular delta shape that doesn't look anything like the Iceland in closer analysis.

Timo Saloniemi

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, although I'm disappointed that I won't get to see the ship, I can understand why you're reticent to show it, considering what you've stated before. Thanks anyway for showing us the Ambassador stuff.
MattC
Member # 1391

- posted      Profile for MattC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
Well, although I'm disappointed that I won't get to see the ship, I can understand why you're reticent to show it, considering what you've stated before. Thanks anyway for showing us the Ambassador stuff.

It was merely to answer a specific question. i.e. what it was called. The rest of the ship is somewhat uninteresting.

M

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unintersting to some, not us - after all we did have like a 100 page discussion about tiny background ships that were shown for 30 seconds on a television show in 1990! [Smile]
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And that's definitely what it was labelled/how it was spelt(spelled)?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

MattC
Member # 1391

Yes, it's definately what it was called.

M

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Confirmed!

Mark

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.