Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Incoming hail... salutations, greetings, introductions

Author Topic: Incoming hail... salutations, greetings, introductions
Lurker Emeritus
Member # 1888

- posted      Profile for Lurker Emeritus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello. I've been loitering around, lurking on and observing these boards for a while and finally decided to submit a registration request!

I've looked back over a couple of pages and have decided that, so far, my favourite ships are currently the warp delta, the NCC-1000 Horizon TOS era ship (the scan from one of the calendars - the one with the engineering hull blended into the saucer) and Irishman's rethink of the Daedalus. I think the ST:ENT Intrepid has potential but needs tweaking and I'm generally looking for more information on the unidentified ship from the Enterprise opening credits that we only see the back end of.

I'm afraid I don't do any 3d modelling. The closest I've come to creating a ship design is free hand sketching using a length of graphite encased in wood to make marks on a sheet of cellulose fibres. What are these new fangled things you call mesh and polygon?

End Transmission

[Smile]

Doctor Jonas
Member # 481

- posted      Profile for Doctor Jonas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome ex-Lurker! [Big Grin]

I've seen your question about the Enterprise weapon during the Xindi hunt and believe me, I couldn't answer it. [Razz] Even so, I wish I could write such a coordinated post... enjoy your stay, welcome to Flare!

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, at least you did sketch it with a tube of plastic filled with liquid and metal flakes with the transfer occuring with a metal ball that is very small.

Did I write with enough? No, with, with, with....

Yes, those with the programs and skills to use them, well, I look at their work with contempt, brought about by envy, although it isn't just green, but a sickly vomit yellow-green.

Oh, yeah, welcome to the board? Got any books to pitch?

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As part of the initiation ceremony, you are to run 3 laps around our grand poobah's apartment while naked only in blue paint.

Report to your initiation.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You forgot to add that he has to yell, "I want to be the coal car!! woo, woo!!"

mmm, well, did we scare him away already?

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If that doesn't do it, we can haul out Jason dressed(if that's really the right word) as an elderly Ferengi female.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At 6'1" tall, I'd be closer to the Nagus' butler.

Welcome Lurker.

Now change your handle to Poster Emeritus.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lurker Emeritus
Member # 1888

- posted      Profile for Lurker Emeritus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reporting for my initiation, Sah!

Inventory:
1 Tin Paint (blue)
1 Paint Brush
1 Prompt Card (marked "coal car")
1 Tube (plastic, purpose unknown)
1 Blindfold
1 Health Insurance Waiver

Ok, I'm ready now! [Big Grin]

Treknophile
Member # 1869

- posted      Profile for Treknophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, look, I had to connect the car battery jump cables to the tube on the last 5 initiates.

The drycleaners can't get the stains out of my uniform...

Welcome aboard Lurker. May God have mercy on your soul...

--------------------
www.strategicdesignpub.com

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Jonas:
Even so, I wish I could write such a coordinated post...

You don't have to. Not in here... [Cool]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps