Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Hand Phasers and Heat (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Hand Phasers and Heat
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or, as Denis Leary said, "Y'know what? To hell with it. Gimme a fuckin' donut!"

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Waitaminute, how should one pronouce the word without sounding French? Croy-SANT? I say Croah-son. Whicb is how the French pronounce it. I don't remember the scene in question; did Bev put an overly fake French overpronounciation on it?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, us hillbillies pronounce the "T."

cro-sant

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've now spent most of the morning in an internal debate on how I do actually pronounce the word. Thanks very much. The first syllable I've heard (and said myself) as "Quoi" as in ""Quoi-son." The "T" at the end. . . Nothing wrong with enunciating it, per se, but it's a very silent "T," almost more of a "D."

--------------------

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So somehow, this thread turned from a discussion of phasers and thier properties to an arguement on the proper pronunciation of a french pastry?

God, I love this fuckin place!

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Lee
Member # 393

It is rather wonderful, yes.

--------------------

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Waitaminute, how should one pronouce the word without sounding French? Croy-SANT? I say Croah-son. Whicb is how the French pronounce it. I don't remember the scene in question; did Bev put an overly fake French overpronounciation on it?

Us hicksters say cruh-SAHNT.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"C-Shaped Butter Roll."
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah yes, I have many a-time simply called it a 'dinner roll' or, in fact, 'crescent roll.'
HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was little, I liked them because they looked like Cylon Raiders.

They even had a cockpit canopy in the middle.

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uz redneks sa "Sausage Biskit"..."an da hash brown"

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

Getting back a little on topic... I figured Beverly's pronunciation was a result of the mind link she was sharing with Picard at the time. Of course the Frenchman would pronounce it the French way.
Lee
Member # 393

Worst attempt to get back on topic ever.

--------------------

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have a topic?

Uh. Yes. What setting of a hand phaser is to be preferred for preparing a croissant?

Timo Saloniemi

Lee
Member # 393

I'm not sure; you can get these tubes of ready-prepared croissant dough, pre-stamped with lines to tear into triangles for rolling: just tear, brush with egg (or butter, can't remember) then roll and bake. Perhaps if I am able to get oven temperatures and cooking times, we can calculate?

You even can get ones which comes with a little sachet of chocolate sticks, for making pain au chocolate, but that's a whole different ballgame.

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps