Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Enterprise J Underside (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Enterprise J Underside
The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Umm, this new underside view (1st image) does not match the E-J shown on ENT very well (2nd image)...

-

-

[ August 18, 2006, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: The Vorlon ]

--------------------
Sheridan: "Well, as answers go, short, to the point, utterly useless and totally consistant with what I've come to expect from a Vorlon..."
Kosh: "Good."
Sheridan: "I REALLY hate it when you do that..."

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems so, I dno't know, distorted.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm. Maybe that's supposed to be a different ship? At least, I would think so.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, where is it even from?
Neutrino 123
Member # 1327

- posted      Profile for Neutrino 123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where is the nose deflector and the rest of the nose on the new image? It can't be the E-J, too ugly.

--------------------
Neutrino 123 (pronounced Neutrino One-Two-Three)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Judging by the bits of other ships next to it, I'm guessing the image is from that new book or whatever it was? Someone posted an image a while back, anyway. It had all the Enterprises on it, or something.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it's the Enterprise-I.

Let's just hope the rest of the book doesn't have similar sloppy work.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it's from a poster in the New Star Trek Magazine, which is the same as the cover for the Ships of the Line. I actually bought a copy today in order to scan the image for all you nutters. But I guess The Vorlon beat me to it. Too bad, because it was ten dollars, way too much to pay for a magazine.

So, obviously someone changed the ship around since it's debut in the SOTL Calendar. But why? The nose/deflector that makes the ship so futuristic-looking (IMHO) just isn't there anymore, yet it showed prominently in the diagram of the ship in the room Archer & Daniels were in. And the "new" underside looks nothing like the underside seen out of the window in "Azati Prime."

(Maybe this is what the ship is supposed to look like once the timeline changed back to normal after the Spheres were destroyed...?)

I'd be interested in seeing what the top and side views will look like in the SOTL book, if they've changed the ship this radically.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the same thought, that in the Xindi War timeline future the E-J was a decendant of the NX-01, but in the real future, the E-J looked more like a decendant of the 1701 (new underside view).

But that would be VERY confusing to the casual viewer, wouldn't it?

--------------------
Sheridan: "Well, as answers go, short, to the point, utterly useless and totally consistant with what I've come to expect from a Vorlon..."

The Vorlon
Member # 52

Dukhat, please don't let me stop you from posting the full poster scan (or a bigger scan of the E-J)! I'd like to see it.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow I'm shocked. Such inconsistency for such an obscure ship. Why make a new model for a ship which didn't even have an exterior shot on TV?
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, that is ugly either way...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Larger view of the pic please?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Lurker Emeritus
Member # 1888

- posted      Profile for Lurker Emeritus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or try this:

The top image is the ship destined to exist before the events in First Contact transpired. The second image (as seen on TV) was the ship as it actually turned out when, thanks to the timeline contamination caused by the incidents in First Contact, the pre-Federation Starfleet was significantly altered from that which Kirk et al would recognise from their history texts. Among these differences are design philosophies and operating doctrines which favour deflectors integrated into the saucer and discourage secondary hulls.

Yes, I'm afraid I am a proponent of the un-announced and officially un-acknowledged "reboot based on First Contact" theory. It's really the only way to make sense of alot of the prequel series in relation to TOS.

In summary: we're looking at two different timeline designs.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really shoddy work there- in NO WAY does that match the "J".
The angle of the nacelle pylons, their shape and the saucer are all crap.
Worse still, the deflector area looks like Enterprise B.

Doug Drexler must be spinning in his grave.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps