Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Enterprise J Underside (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Enterprise J Underside
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought in the Battle of Procyon, the Expanse was by now huge and still growing, but it's at this point that Federation + Allies intervene, defeating them. Hence the Sphere Builders meddling in the 22nd century, which in fact leads to their ultimate defeat and the destruction of them and their sphere network, meaning the Expanse becomes Just More Space, meaning there's no more enemy or threat to fight at Procyon?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was my understanding as well. (Though I guess the builders could always start trouble in some other manner. I don't remember the details of how that issue was resolved.)
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coto: "This is crap! Moving on..."

Resolved!

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Myth busted!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
I thought in the Battle of Procyon, the Expanse was by now huge and still growing, but it's at this point that Federation + Allies intervene, defeating them. Hence the Sphere Builders meddling in the 22nd century, which in fact leads to their ultimate defeat and the destruction of them and their sphere network, meaning the Expanse becomes Just More Space, meaning there's no more enemy or threat to fight at Procyon?

Yeah okay, that makes more sense. I was also wondering if the discrepency between the models could be explained by the Ent-J being able to transform into two modes with "normal mode" being that new model and "battle mode" being the model we're familiar with. (Sorry Lurker, I should practice what I preach [Smile] )
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[transformers zinger]
DAAAAH nah NAH nah NAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!
[/transformers zinger]

Transforming starship, eh? Not outside the realm of possibility, but a LOT of the internal space of the secondary hull would have to be reconfigured to make those pics match.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It phases into & out of subspace pockets.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silly geese! I've just realized - we've been looking at the underside of the Enterprise-K all this time! It was built and launched less than two decades after the launch of the E-J, after all, so the similarities in certain design aspects are easily mistakable.

Man, don't WE all feel dumb right now? [Razz]

Mark

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha! Dumbass me! Well you're right Mark, it is the Ent-K, but just for the hell of it, do you mind telling what proof have of your claim? Just for old time's sake! Old Chap! Old Pal of Mine!
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
Ha! Dumbass me! Well you're right Mark, it is the Ent-K, but just for the hell of it, do you mind telling what proof have of your claim?

Absolutely!

Mark

--------------------

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can not get much more solid than that.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Absolutely!
Incontrovertible proof if ever I've read it.
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think by the 29th century we can explain it all as either A) Braxton's Meddling, or B) Its So Far Advanced that its Magic. Therefore any and all discrepancies disappear via the Bajoran Orb of Sweeping it Under the Rug.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

How about this - the secondary hull is a swappable / swapped element. The saucer section and nacelles are clearly the same (or close enough) to the established elements from the calendar. This could be the E-J from a different time in its lifespan, after (or before) a significant refit.

Or, like I said, the E-K. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The words coming to mind are, at, straws, and grasping.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps