Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Photos from the Trek auction (Defiant, Reliant, etc) (Page 13)

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  28  29  30   
Author Topic: Photos from the Trek auction (Defiant, Reliant, etc)
MattC
Member # 1391

- posted      Profile for MattC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dat:
quote:
Originally posted by MattC:
quote:
Originally posted by The Vorlon:
Mattc: What's with these little quips you keep making? You going to share what you have or what? If you're not, then stop bragging about it.

http://sovereignreplicas.com/fxsove2.jpg
http://sovereignreplicas.com/fxsove3.jpg
http://sovereignreplicas.com/fxsove4.jpg

Woot. [Smile]

As for photo studies of the model. welp the physical model, the CG versions from Insurrection and Nemesis are all quite different.

The model above is identical to the DD CGI model in every way.

M.

I'm not so sure it is. I don't think I've spotted the forward torpedo launcher on the upper saucer.
Richard hadn't stuck it on yet in those photos. That particular piece is a resin piece (along with the phaser turrets, captains Yacht,etc.

Trust me, I went over it with a fine toothed comb looking for anything that Richard (who build the master)or I missed during construction.

M.

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the selling continues...

IT'sAWrap Hollywood is selling what could be described as Star Trek tat. There are some gems, but it's mostly the last dregs of memorabilia that can be sold.

This week, in the eBay auction is this weird Miranda kitbash that was apparently going to be used as set dressing, but never was. The bronze colour that it's painted in reminds me of that Constitution Refit with the nacelles that were turned 90 degrees in some early TNG eps, so maybe it was made around the same time.

There's also a blown up Vor'cha model. Might be from that DS9 ep when one struck a mine.

Elsewhere in the "my God, they're actually selling that?" department, is a piece of Enterprise-D carpet and a roll of black material that they don't know when it was used or how big it is exactly.

Still, this is worth keeping an eye on, something interesting might turn up. On their actual website they're selling the Jem Hadar Attack Ship model.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All they did was glue two nacelles onto the phaser cannons on the rollbar. If I had to guess, I'd say that it was supposed to be a "prototype" for the Stargazer tabletop model in Picard's ready room.

Johnny: You're confusing the Connie with the turned nacelles with the bronze Connie that replaced the Stargazer model in the ready room in "The Battle" when TPTB wanted to use the movie Enterprise as the Stargazer to save money.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, a Stargazer proto wouldn't be possible, as I'm pretty sure AMT wasn't cranking out the Reliant models until after TNG made Trek popular again. I'm willing to bet that the bronze ship was going to be set dressing on a DS9 or Voyager episode that featured a flag officer or ready room or Starfleet Command or something.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That Vor'cha doesn't look like it's the one from "Sons of Mogh," that one just had a single big crater in the hull. My guess is it's either from "Way of the Warrior" or "Tears of the Prophets" � probably the latter, 'cause that's when all the Klingon ships got torn to shreds by the Jem'Hadar kamikaze runs.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty sure everything was CGI by that point, though... WotW sounds like the best bet, since the DS9 Companion book establishes most of the ships in that battle to be practical models - and that the model builders really loved building all those models, only to blow them up with pyrotechnics. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The destroyed VorCha is one of several Playmates toys blown up in WOTW (so as not to harm the fliming model).

Speaking of Klingon models that sold...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Wow - I'm surprised they painted the damn thing GREEN from the original orange! They should have been able to simply tint the original's color in post production, no?

Mark

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So that is the whereabouts of one of the models - I wonder what happened to the others? [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This miner's costume from an Enterprise episode has an Ent-A deflector dish and sensor dome. Doesn't seem to have kept the dust off of him. [Smile]

http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-TREK-ENT-MINE-GUARD-THE-XINDI-COSTUME...

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool- the Miradorn model has four 1:2500th scale TOS Enterprise nacelle caps on it as greebles.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Johnny
Member # 878

Another interesting item, the LCARS display showing a cutaway of a starbase. Unfortunately the picture's pretty small, so it was easier to make out in the episode. Hopefully whoever's buying it is a starship freak.

http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-TREK-III-STARBASE-LCARS-PANEL_W0QQitemZ140114909588QQihZ004QQcategoryZ60360QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny:
This miner's costume from an Enterprise episode has an Ent-A deflector dish and sensor dome. Doesn't seem to have kept the dust off of him. [Smile]

Looks like an Ambassador Class deflector on there too.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Johnny
Member # 878

Two more things people might find of interest:

Yellow Starfleet flag from Enterprise

LCARS display from DS9 with the sideviews of enemy ships

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can see those DS9 displays have images taken from the DS9 Tech Manual, or is that vice-versa. [Razz]
  This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  28  29  30   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps