Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Photos from the Trek auction (Defiant, Reliant, etc) (Page 17)

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  28  29  30   
Author Topic: Photos from the Trek auction (Defiant, Reliant, etc)
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What episodes had a black TNG tricorder in it? It says it's from the first two seasons of TNG.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like the kind of tricorder that was made for the background actors to hold, so they wouldn't need one of the more expensive and blinky props. As such, it could be in any number of episodes, barely visible...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now this is something cool. They're selling the Relay Station 47 model and the photos show plenty of detail for modelers.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool model. Lousy episode.
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like these are coming to the end now. They didn't do it last week and this week there's only one page of items.

Among other things, there's the Bothan /Serosian ship model from Voyager and a Borg corpse.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That Bothan/Serosian could have passed for a Romulan ship.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's an ugly little fucker, innit?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
That Bothan/Serosian could have passed for a Romulan ship.
That's exactly what I thought when I first saw it in the episode it was featured in... the one with the psychotic hologram. And now, seeing it in detail, I see that it could have passed for a Klingon ship as well.

I actually like this model because of that. [Razz]

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I especially like sphere located at the end. It reminds me of that photo of the Early Romulan Warship from the Star Trek Chronology.
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I thought the sphere was the bridge, and the window-looking thing at the other end was a rear observation port.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Yeah the sphere seems to be the bridge.
Johnny
Member # 878

I'm not positive, but wasn't this one of those cases where the "front" became the "back" in the second appearance? The sphere looks like it's intended to be the bridge, but wasn't the windowed end the control section in the episode with the psycho hologram? That's where most of the episode took place, iirc.

Oh anf FYI, the auctions are apparently going to continue till February next year, so hopefully there'll be a lot more of interest in store. The costumes and props are all very well, but it's the up close and personal photoshoots with the models that interest me. (I managed to make that sound a bit perverted, didn't I? [Confused] )

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone tell if that ship was an original build, or was it a reused model that they updated?
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

I believe that its first appearance was as the Sikarian ship in that early Voyager episode about the space-folding tech that they wanted to trade for stories. In that ep, the "observation window" was definitely the front of the ship, and it had more wing-type doodads attached to it.

However, these pictures on eBay strongly remind me of a newer version of the BoP, what with the spherical bridge, forward-swept wings and the olive green paint. But it could just as easily have been an older Romulan warbird too.

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely the Sikarian ship, from "Prime Factors". Good spotting!

...It's just upside down, backside front, and with dorsal, ventral and lateral elements removed, paint job redone, and lighting scheme altered. It's curious that they ever bothered with all that. (For "Persistence of Vision", I mean - the ship was revamped just for a couple of very distant shots, not for a close-up role like that in the later "Revulsion".)

Timo Saloniemi

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  28  29  30   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps