Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Photos from the Trek auction (Defiant, Reliant, etc) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  28  29  30   
Author Topic: Photos from the Trek auction (Defiant, Reliant, etc)
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
code:
[url=IMAGE ADDRESS][img]THUMBNAIL[/img][/url]

And since all those pics had thumbnails for the main gallery...

Oh, and that Klingon-y outfit was worn by Dax, in the "Kahless and Lukara" holosuite program.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aha! KNEW I'd seen those tits before!

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, those model shots are REALLY nice, Johnny. Thanks for sharing.
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had this and the Trek modelling boards in mind when I took them, so I tried to get as much detail as possible. And I tried to take as many as I could without looking like a proper weirdo.

I'm glad people are finding them interesting.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, they are interesting to look at. At least we know that the Amby model isn't on some desk of a Paramount VP...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too bad it's getting worn-looking though- check the vinyl lifeboat hatches peeling off.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny:
I had this and the Trek modelling boards in mind when I took them, so I tried to get as much detail as possible. And I tried to take as many as I could without looking like a proper weirdo.

Probably didn't help that you were completely nude when taking the pictures too [Wink]

Anywho, Mim I having trouble with your little nebula model theory. Are trying to say that production has used the same Nebula from TNG all the way to First Contact and they've just changed the labeling?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why wouldn't they?
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I understand, they have used the same model all the way through. The Pheonix model was modified when it appeared with its new pod(as the Sutherland, was it?). Later the same model was refurbished for its appearence in Generations and then relabelled for either FC or DS9, whichever came first.

The modification of the Pheonix was mentioned in either The Art of Star Trek or The Continuing Mission. The Farragut was also shown in either TCM or The Movie Sketchbook.

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only very rarely has there been more than one model built of a particular design, and generally it's been done for the movies when a special shot was needed that couldn't be accomplished with the main model. (TNG also had three different models of the E-D to accomodate different shooting needs.)

There were some low-detail "study models" made of some Nebula pre-designs that have showed up as desktop decoration and in the Wolf 359 graveyard, but they are quite distinct from the large studio model. So yes, the Nebula model has been the same all the way from "The Wounded" (TNG) up until they switched to a CGI version on DS9. Likewise, there has been only one Excelsior, one Danube, and so on...

-MMoM [Big Grin]

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Other than the CGI Excelsior, there were actually two. The first was built as seen in ST3 and in the early seasons of TNG, was then modified for ST6, and then modified again for ST7. A second model was done for Voyager's "Flashback" since they may not have been able to undo the ST7 mods for the first model. It's the second model they used to make a CGI version.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, that's correct. My bad. However, it was only a single model used up until "Flashback" and, as you mentoned, the only reson they built a new one was because the original had been irrevocably altered.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Johnny
Member # 878

I don't know whether anyone's noticed this already, but the complete catalogue list in the Christie website, including some photos which should interest us Treknology enthusiasts.

Archer's toy spaceship

The statue-come-Xindi killing weapon of Zephram Cochrane

A section of the Enterprise-B's secondary hull

Starfleet mission patches from Enterprise

Columbia's dedication plaque

Front section of a shuttlepod mock up

Starfleet Command

I've only gone through the first 200 lots(of 1000), and they're starting bids at at least $500 for each item. If they actually manage to find enough loaded Star Trek fans to buy all this stuff, they really will make an absolute fortune.

Edit: Wow, it's the Yeager!

http://www.christies.com/LotFinder/search/LOTDETAIL.ASP?sid=&intObjectID=4780059

[ September 17, 2006, 06:19 AM: Message edited by: Johnny ]

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Star Trek has droids now?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who made these estimates? Why do they believe the Romulan Praetor's throne is going to make less money than a simple senate stool? Or a hero phaser rifle less than a stunt phaser rifle of the same type?

BTW, if we all pull out the money we were willing to donate for a fifth season of Enterprise, we may be able to get that Enterprise-E captain's chair for $7,000-$9,000. And if we're lucky we might have enough left to acquire that Yeager, too. [Smile]

Some of my favorites:
Avenger dedication plaque
4 Vulcan Lirpas
Patches (E.C.S. means Earth Cargo Service? Never noticed that before...)
More patches
MACo patches and rank insignia Starfleet Security, TOS fanswill love this little tie-in
Defiant patches (is that image mirrored or is my memory getting weaker?)
A map of R'Kaal space
Ares IV mission patches
Jump to lot 351 and continuing. BTW, 354 is not the Caretaker. It's that other one, right? Plus:
every nerd's wet dream...
Deep Space Nine. Sort of.
Zek's beetle snuff box. Not that's what I call a collectible...
Pah wraith figures (Wraith not included)
Klingon cloaking device (decloaked)
self-sealing stem bolt
More ships from 481 onwards:
mmmmh....
You know, just forget what I said about that stupid Intrepid above...
They have more than one "Antares-class" model?
brown
black
Jamaharon, baby!
When did we see a five-pip admiral?
Dyson Sphere surface (inside)
More ships from 694:
That is not K'ehleyr in there...
Y-Wing fighter
Pakled (a.k.a "How many triangular ships are there?")
Warbird. The original - not that ugly CGI duck
The Nash (NCC-2010-whatever)
Oberth - take a close look at the saucer registry
T'Pau
The mother of all spaceships...
Interior of Galileo/Copernicus
Where do they store this stuff? Looks like a treasure map
Klingon dictionaries
The Kolinahr necklace
And the final lot of ships (983):
Miranda class labeled as USS Saratoga (!?)
Regula 1 as..., well, Regula 1. What happend to Ross' starbase refit?
Cargo train without Bee
:'-(
and to complete the collection...

[ September 17, 2006, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: Mirror-Amasov ]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  28  29  30   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps