Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Photos from the Trek auction (Defiant, Reliant, etc) (Page 23)

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  28  29  30   
Author Topic: Photos from the Trek auction (Defiant, Reliant, etc)
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The do-hinkies on the Defiant's warp engines in the first and second photos look like the sights/flash lights of the FC phaser rifle.

The pilots could be custom made. Don't they also make specialty 1:24 model figures? They could be those.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those Defiant additions are horrid. I wonder when they considered adding those? Maybe for the Sao Paulo?

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The sketch was dated late 1994, so that couldn't be it. The date suggests it was for an episode in the second half of the third season, which is pretty soon after they introduced Defiant in the first place. A quick look at the episode guide suggests that the episode is either "The Die is Cast", where Sisko and company head to rescue Odo from the destructing Tal Shiar / Obsidian Order fleet, or the finale "The Adversary" where a newly minted Captain Sisko chases a founder around his ship. The sketch suggests additional doodads that would be part of the ship working out her kinks, but I guess THAT particular model upgrade was judged unnecessary so early on. Possibly fit for the Sao Paolo, but still...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the look of the shoulder joints and their open hands, I'd guess those pilots are modified action figures.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That toy has always reminded me of the "Lunar Ship" from the opening titles of Enterprise.
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, well it's not [Smile]

This is:

http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/341/emmette.jpg

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, nice pic, so what is it? the original from the artist or some fan-creation? And if original, do you have more?

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. It's the original ship from the opening credits of ENT.

2. No, I don't have any more pics.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too bad. I would like to see more official orthos of the ships from "Enterprise".

We have so little, what do we have?
1. That top-side view of several ships, including the romulan BoP, klingon tanker(?) andorian
2. Two starfleet ships, what do we call them? starfleet delta and Intrepid?

What else?
Isn't this pitiful compared to the other star trek shows? And yes, I know, they ran longer, books were published, magazines ran articles...

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Enterprise herself has also been shown in really big orthos. It's not quite as much as other series, but they've been off the air for longer, so there's been more time for it all to add up. And a lot more people get access to the physical models than the CGI ones, so there are bound to be more reference pics online.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
re Defiant: I like the model as is just fine, sure, but it would kind of be nice, from certain points of view, if there were actual details on it that matched up to where the weapons seemed to come from.
MattC
Member # 1391

- posted      Profile for MattC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
Yeah, well it's not [Smile]

This is:

http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/341/emmette.jpg

Ahh yes, that argument. [Smile]
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woo - I can't believe I haven't seen this before. A while back I got out a huge sheet of paper and tried extrapolating the front end of that ship. It actually looked like this!! Sweet!

I was going to scan it in for here, but it was accidently thrown out before I got around to it.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well make another...NOW!!!
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

MattC, I now seem to recall that the Emmette pic was originally yours. I'm sorry I didn't ask permission to post it, but I couldn't remember where I got it from. Do you want me to remove it?
  This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  28  29  30   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps