Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Photos from the Trek auction (Defiant, Reliant, etc) (Page 24)

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30   
Author Topic: Photos from the Trek auction (Defiant, Reliant, etc)
Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here´s an interesting item: star trek spaceship model
Is this really a starship model from star trek? Even though it does include a romulan nacelle I can´t remember seeing this.

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it might be from the DS9 opening credits. Bernd noted that it appeared to be a new design that was never seen in actual episodes.

http://ex-astris-scientia.org/schematics/unknown_ships.htm

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely not the opening credits model- not even close.

It's amazing- these guys could throw together any crap and someone would be convinced it was used in an episode.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm starting to smell a scam.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could be something from the Qualor II junkyard in "Unification" (TNG). Or from that other junkyard scene in VGR. It may not have been indentifiable onscreen, but that doesn't necessarily mean it was never used in an episode.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wherever it came from, somebody's already bid over $100 on it for some reason. I reckon if you spent long enough looking through the various junkyard shots you'd find this, but when some of the most knowledgeable starship geeks on the net don't recognise it, it's really not worth the $60 for shipping, never mind the actual bid on top.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's got to be one of the crappiest kitbashes I've ever seen. Looks like something from Starcrash. Long lengths of hose are never a good sign.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does the missus share that opinion?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooo, burrnnnn!

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

It might be a stripped down Flaxian ship.

-

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I don't think so... are you guys 100% sure it isn't the DS9 opening credits ship?

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I agree, it´s not the opening credits ship, if nothing else the ds9 ship has two glowing engines, this model has three.

But I do think it´s a bit detailed for some junkyard scene, but then on the other hand, the romulan nacelle seals it in my book - It´s a star trek model ship. Also, the company selling the item has handled star trek props auction for a while now and authenticates the model.

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, couldn't it be a model made by another company, for another tv franchise, utilizing parts from tons of space ship models ( including the Warbird). Because of that nacelle, someone thinks it is a Star trek model, even by accident. When they were gathering up all the stuff they were going to sell for these auctions, this could have accidentally been thrown in there.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well here's a novel idea... why doesn't someone just email the link to this eBay page to Mike Okuda or Rick Sternbach and ask them what it is?

(Although I'd recommend one person do it, instead of fifty million people as what happened with Ed Miarecki).

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could easily be something slapped together and then rejected for it's sheer crappiness.

OTOH, it's not unheard of for Paramount to re-use some prop from an obscure movie.
The Promillian Battleship started life as the spaceship from Night of the Creeps.
(Best. Zombie. Movie. Ever.)
Then it got lit in green and became Kurn's (freaking giagantic) ship on DS9.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps