Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Photos from the Trek auction (Defiant, Reliant, etc) (Page 25)

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30   
Author Topic: Photos from the Trek auction (Defiant, Reliant, etc)
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The way this thing has been cobbled together reminds me of the "A Time to Stand" tug. Maybe it comes from the same scene in the same episode?
Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The rear engine configuration reminds me of the ancient garbage scow in TNG and also of the Xhosa of Ds9.

The more I look at it, I´d say it´s a good chance it is a star trek ship

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This listing is interesting in that it shows a symbol for the Q Continuum. I didn't know they had created one for the Q.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
It could easily be something slapped together and then rejected for it's sheer crappiness.

OTOH, it's not unheard of for Paramount to re-use some prop from an obscure movie.
The Promillian Battleship started life as the spaceship from Night of the Creeps.
(Best. Zombie. Movie. Ever.)
Then it got lit in green and became Kurn's (freaking giagantic) ship on DS9.

Yeah I saw the movie yesterday on Youtube. I noticed that in the movie the ship has the domed structure on the bottom, and in TNG it's turned upside down.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A great movie- I got a bootleg DVD a couple of years back- it has an alternate ending too wherein the cop comes back as a slug-filled zombie.
As opposed to the one with the big spaceship searching the cemetary for the slugs).

Nice topless scene with the lead hottie too.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually the ending with the slug filled cop and the spaceship in the cemetery are one and the same. At least that's what the ending I saw showed. In any case, it did provide one valuable lesson: you can make a flamethrower out of an aerosol can and a lit cigarette. [Wink]
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is what Mike Okuda told Jörg:

quote:
I remember seeing that model when we were organizing the Christie's sale, but we omitted it because we didn't think it was ever used. It is, of course, possible t hat we forgot, or that it was in the background.
Sorry I can't be of more help.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhh...you're the man with the connections, boyo.

I'd bet it was a "never used", personally.
There's no attempt to light it in any way, which is pretty strange for Trek- not even enough opening in the bottom for a lighting rig- background detail or nothing on this turkey.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One can't but help wonder what episode it was supposed to be in. They never built these models without something specific in mind, but I guess we'll never know if not even Mike Okuda remembers.

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wherever it was supposed to be used I imagine it was one of those times they just ended up reusing the merchantman, the ancient freighter or and one of about half a dozen such models they've had knocking around since the early days of TNG.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't it this ship upside down? http://ex-astris-scientia.org/schematics/dorian-screen.jpg
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

No, it doesn't look like the often reused Straleb vessel.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Except for being a different colour and shape it looks exactly like it... [Wink]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

I can't say that it does, the aft section is completely different.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

So...I'm updating my Negh Var model with references from the auction-
There's disruptor turrets on either side of the bridge complex (ventral side hanging down) and big disruptor turrets on the "wings" just inward of the dorsal nacelle's bussard collectors.

Anyone else notice unseen wackiness from these models that had gone un-noticed prior?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps