Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Photos from the Trek auction (Defiant, Reliant, etc) (Page 29)

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29  30   
Author Topic: Photos from the Trek auction (Defiant, Reliant, etc)
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why can't they have some really cool things... like more models etc. Even foam-core mock-ups and ships made in the design process. I guess they belong to the effects people though - Image G wasn't it?

What about more LCARS panels!?!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its weird seeing "Star Trek Voyager" written in the same font as the TNG title card... they must really like that font over there.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
You bastard! I'll PAY you to come here and say that! Oh, wait. . .

On the plus side, I don't think you'd have to pay overseas shipping.

quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Why can't they have some really cool things... like more models etc. Even foam-core mock-ups and ships made in the design process. I guess they belong to the effects people though - Image G wasn't it?

What about more LCARS panels!?!

They have LCARS panels coming out of their ears, but I think all the important ones were sold at Christie's. They do have the occasional foam model, but only the ones they used for camera tests.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
Its weird seeing "Star Trek Voyager" written in the same font as the TNG title card... they must really like that font over there.

Lotsa of extra vinyl letters from the old show is my guess. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some plans of the bridge section of the Enterprise Refit.

Enterprise-E bridge plans + engineering + Data's quarters from Nemesis

It's a shame that whoever buys these doesn't scan them and put them on the internet (or excerpts at least). They'd be invaluable to 3D modelers, among others.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One day, I'll have kids and I will build them a treehouse version of the TWOK bridge.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, nobody bites on that one? Fine, I´ll do it, Jason, I´m sorry to be the one to tell you, but your kids will grow up to love Star Wars and Jar-Jar Binks...

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Starship Freak:
Ok, nobody bites on that one? Fine, I´ll do it, Jason, I´m sorry to be the one to tell you, but your kids will grow up to love Star Wars and Jar-Jar Binks...

Not if he raises em 'correctly'...

"Now child-ren. What is satan?"

"JAR-JAR, Lord Jason!"

"And what do we do to satan?"

"We burn him like the heritic that Lucas made him to be, Lord Jason!"

"Praise teh lord and pass the EPS jello, plea-z?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

It's just as well- they'd likely be killed doing the old "bridge dance" in a treehouse- probably rock it right outta the tree pretending to take a torpedo hit or something.

No child of mine will ever like Jar Jar- hell, it's likely that I'll have them going off to school on rainy days in their little Sith cloaks with the hoodies...

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Johnny
Member # 878

Speaking of bridges, this week they're auctioning an Excelsior bridge concept model from the production of TSfS.

Complete with Pac-Man control panel and an interesting looking space station image. Could that be a Spacedock concept design, or something from a different production?

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I've never seen this anywhere before- including the auction.
Looks home-made and represents nothing- not even worth saving on my computer.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And, for some reason, it is receiving a transmission from the Big Giant Head?
Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, as to the bridge, not all to dissimilar to the way they made the TOS-bridge way back.

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Johnny
Member # 878

I'd forgotten about these auctions for a while... hard to believe they're still going on.

Anyway, this week they have wreckage of a nacelle from a Galaxy class ship used in DS9.

A large scale model of a DS9 pylon used in WotW. They had the other sections some time ago that were much better, as they included the actual weapons pods.

And a kinda chintzy mug with "CAPT" on it. An uninspired b'day present from Riker maybe? [Wink]

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Wow. Those federation nacelles are hollow? this backs up my theory of pixies in the nacelles making the ship move with magic and happy thoughts.
Not worth anythng- five minutes with an old ERTL model could produce better.

That DS9 pylon is kinda intresting- does not look like they used that for anything onscreen though.

And as to the mug:
quote:

Description
STAR TREK VIII: “CAPTAIN PICARD DRINKING MUG AND SAUCER”
A prop ceramic mug and saucer believed to have been acquired for scenes of Star Trek VIII: First Contact.

And I believe it's a novelty from The star Trek Experience.
I defy anyone to get a screengrab of that mug in FC.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29  30   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps