Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Photos from the Trek auction (Defiant, Reliant, etc) (Page 7)

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  28  29  30   
Author Topic: Photos from the Trek auction (Defiant, Reliant, etc)
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I'm off to the Trek auction today. Unfortunately, I'll be using a conventional camera so I may not be able to post pics unless I come across a scanner one day(who knows, perhaps I will).I'll try to keep a mental note of all I see, although I'm mainly interested in the ship models. When I return I'll be sure to tell of what I saw. So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When is the actual auction and is anyone thinking of bidding?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And what happens to all the extremedly expensive items (i.e. ALL of them) when no one bids on them and they go unsold? Do they go back to storage? Decord Paramount studios? The rubbish tip?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
When is the actual auction and is anyone thinking of bidding?

Well the auction is starting on October 5 and it ends on October 7.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
Unfortunately, I'll be using a conventional camera so I may not be able to post pics unless I come across a scanner one day(who knows, perhaps I will).

Many camera shops offer a service for giving you a CD with digital copies of your images in addition to prints. Ask when you get your film developed!
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking at these photos, I'm most interested in the lounge-couches from the Ops/Conn stations on TNG. They'd be great to watch TV from!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Well I'm back from the auction and you'll have to excuse me while I pick my jaw up from off the floor.

Unfortunately I was not allowed to take pictures, but the props and models were fantastic!

When you enter the first prop gallery, the Enterprise-A is displayed prominently at the center. It was so massive and so beautiful I spent 5 minutes just staring at it. The constumes were all on clothes racks and few were on display, like T'Pol orange jumpsuit as well as some DS9/VOY uniforms. I saw the various Enteprise patches!

Many of the props were in glass displays. Various weapons were mounted on the wall, although I did not find the TOS Type 1 or 2 phasers(yet the phaser rifle with the shovel handle was there.)Furniture was also featured, yet there were signs telling you not to sit on them!

The starship models stole the show. They were not enclosed in anything and were in the open. I saw the Cardassian Galor, Oberth, rogue Borg ship, several Kazon ships, a Borg Cube, the Defiant, Voyager, Maquis Ship, Romulan Warbird, Klingon Bird of Prey, Deep Space Nine in all its beauty as well as a study model of it, the Ambassador which I loved, the Ent-E which was freakin huge, some Voyager ships including the Caretaker's array, the Yeager, the Stardock from the Kirk movies, a Starbase from DS9, the Drydock from Generations, a damaged section of the Enterprise-B,a romulan science ship,the Dominion Bug ship and Battlecruiser,the USS Nash NCC-2010-5, and of course the Enterprise-D. You really do appreciate how much detail went into these ships and makes you feel all the more sad that they're being sold.
These models sort of mark the end of an era, namely the use of physical models for spacecraft . This was an event I will never forget.

Feel free to ask away.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Were there any of tye other DS9 kitbashes there besides the Yeager?

Any of the BOBW ships (I imagine the New Orleans is still hanging in Okuda's office)?

Did you see the Klingon station?

P.S....did the auction actually start today? I needs to registr if not.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

No, there were no other DS9 kitbashes. But the Yeager was in surprisingly good condition.

There were no BOBW ships.

The Klingon station was there.

The registration for bidding started today, but the actual bidding won't start till Oct. 5. The online bidding is over, so if you want to bid you're going to have to be there in person.

Edit: There were also 2 tribbles there and I think you could get both for about 100 at starting bid.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why no pictures? Others could take them...

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

My family and I asked a clerk and three security guards and they all said no. I don't know why but we couldn't and nobody else was taking pictures. Yet they also said not to touch any of the props or models, but some people still did! I touched the interior of an NX shuttlepod set and T'Pol's orange jumpsuit, but don't tell anyone!
Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
And what happens to all the extremedly expensive items (i.e. ALL of them) when no one bids on them and they go unsold? Do they go back to storage? Decord Paramount studios? The rubbish tip?

Mark

Ebay. No reserve, $1 starting bid. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
I touched the interior of an NX shuttlepod set and T'Pol's orange jumpsuit, but don't tell anyone!

Did your family see you sniff her crotch or were to able to sneak away? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

No, no they saw nothing, but I feel bad for the new owner of that jumpsuit.

"Hey, what's this semen doing on this jumpsuit!" [Big Grin]

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I imagine 7 of 9's costume comes with Brannon Braga's semen as a selling point...

Now let's never speak of this again.

It's a pity you weren't able to take photos(I suppose they realised a lot of pics were going online?) but at least you got to see it all. [Smile]

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  28  29  30   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps