Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to Designs, Artwork, & Creativity.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Ori Stargates?

Author Topic: Ori Stargates?
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seeing as how the Ori are the same race/age as the Ancients, it seems reasonable that once they got to their galaxy the set up a stargate network to allow their Priors and minions get around (also, the Priors have to come from somewhere). So, what I'm wondering is what their stargates might look like. Ancient stargates and ring transporters resemble each other, and any rings in Pegasus might look like the Pegasus gates as well. So, I'm thinking that maybe the Ori stargates look like Ori rings, that is all white and pearly (link). Any of our resident graphics designers feel up to the task of drawing up an Or stargate? Or maybe someone else has done so and someone here knows where it can be seen?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Probably should be in General or Art...

But the Ori stargates have never been shown or mentioned. Perhaps the rings ARE the gates in their galaxy? They went from whatever world they were on to Celestis, and presumably that's on another planet. Furthermore, when they GOT to Celestis they materialized some distance away from the city instead of directly inside it.

Typically in the Milky Way, gates are located away from population centers, and rings get you around inside them (or to ships, etc.). We're of course discounting the story need to establish Celestis as a cool place (and thus force our heroes to walk for a couple hours to get there), but where plot forces a technical issue, you know we're all over it. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't know where to put this, but I figured its tech, so the tech forum might work. Otherwise Timo can stick it elsewhere if he doesn't like it here...

Anyhoo, the rings we saw didn't have any kind of DHD or even a control panel so they might be Prior-only devices. But, the rings we saw were a set of six rings rather than the standard five, so it could be that they are the Ori stargates in and of themselves. It could be that Celestis was on the same planet Our Heroes were on; they could have lucked out and ended up on the Ori's home planet! [Wink]

--------------------

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wouldn't need a DHD...the Priors could certainly activate it mentally or via their staffs.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Well, yes. But what about the average inhabitant of the galaxy? Or are they not allowed interplanetary travel?

--------------------

Lurker Emeritus
Member # 1888

- posted      Profile for Lurker Emeritus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Given the motives and the type of society the Ori are encouraging among people who are little better than surfs, who probably think the world is flat because they would fall off a round one, I should imagine that interplanetary travel, or even fast travel across large terrestrial distances, is not exactly encouraged.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I didn't know where to put this, but I figured its tech, so the tech forum might work. Otherwise Timo can stick it elsewhere if he doesn't like it here..."

Well, we could leave it up to Timo, But Tim N. is only one letter off, so I'll take care of it myself.

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.