Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » 2007 Ships of the Line Calendar (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: 2007 Ships of the Line Calendar
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will all this be included in the Ships of the Line book, because if so I'll buy that rather than this.
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Bear in mind, though, that the book would have smaller pics.

Unfortunately I can't see any of them since I get redirected when I go to TBBS(think it's a virus or something), but they all sound very interesting.

quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:

Thank god I got whats-his-face out of that idea - can't remember his name - he did that cool Daedelus and a lot of bridge renderings. He stopped doing the 'light = empty white' and it looked more realistic.

Sean Robertson.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny:

You sure? I haven't been able to find a listing of the size anywhere.

Oh, and looky!

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
quote:
Originally posted by Peregrinus:
But Jason -- there was a Connie-refit at Wolf359.

No, just a secondary hull that looked the part.
And the trashed primary hull from TSFS. [Smile]

They may have hauled it out of the fleet museum. It may have been a training vessel. But it was there.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, that's the one that appears in the calendar. And remember, it's not cgi. It's a drawing... and a very good one. And I'm talking about Andrew Probert's contribution.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
quote:

Well, I was only guessing. I suppose the book could be the size of the calendars, but if it was it'd probably suffer from spineseamitis, when you can't see the centre of the pic properly.

Probert's painting is fantastic. Looks like Captain Picard's got the whole weekend planned, cup of Earl Grey in hand and Deanna and Beverley in the back.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well, I was only guessing. I suppose the book could be the size of the calendars, but if it was it'd probably suffer from spineseamitis, when you can't see the centre of the pic properly.

Probert's painting is fantastic. Looks like Captain Picard's got the whole weekend planned, cup of Earl Grey in hand and Deanna and Beverley in the back.

Well the pics in the calendars also suffer from spineseamitis, so it's no big deal.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I disagree. The binding on the book will make seeing two-page spreads MUCH harder than on the calendars.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got the impression that the pictures would appear on single pages of the book. The picture of the cover does make it look rather wide.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MattC:
I don't have to do anything about it. I have the million poly one. [Smile]

i.e. the one you see in Novembers image.

M

Oh good! I haven't seen that pic yet. They release the calendars in Australia just before Christmas. I'm glad that that's not the 'million poly' version!

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:

Thank god I got whats-his-face out of that idea - can't remember his name - he did that cool Daedelus and a lot of bridge renderings. He stopped doing the 'light = empty white' and it looked more realistic.

Sean Robertson.
Yes! Where is good ole SeanR? Where is RW? Where is ABAN RUNE!?!

Our artistes have deserted us!

His Daedelus in Spacedock is something to behold. It's one of the most realistic CGI images I've seen. His bridges look like you could reach out and touch them.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:

Oh, and looky!

*squeals with delight*

I LOVE IT!!

I've been wondering what it looks like for years - that side on view people use in the size-diagrams of ships never did it justice and any internal detail was forgotten on the E-D Blueprints.

I'd buy a book of Proberts pictures of all the unseen areas of the E-D.

That Captain's Yacht is much better than that crap thing from Insurrection.

That actually looks like Season 1 Picard! (OK I just scrolled down - up close it doesn't - but from a distance it does!!)

What is that odd blue patter outside the ship?

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The blue thing is the Great Snake of the Galaxy. It's the natural predator of the Great Bird.

Anyway, this is certainly one of Probert's better paintings. His sketches have always been pretty liberal with how the people look and are clothed. Methinks he doesn't really like the TNG era uniforms, and has always been modifying them his own way...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went looking for it today- neither BOrders nor Barnes & Noble had it.
I saw the new Trek magazine though- it sucked.

Toyfare had pics of a new line of TNG figures ( not made by art Asylum for some reason) for what market I cant comprehend, and they also had an ad for the AA TOS Enterprise toy which looks quite nice and I'd have literally killed for one as a kid.

When the hell's the SOTL book coming out?
WHEN, I ASK!?!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The book is due for November.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.