Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » 2007 Ships of the Line Calendar (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: 2007 Ships of the Line Calendar
tricky
Member # 1402

- posted      Profile for tricky         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
still not available in the UK...

--------------------
Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dat:
The book is due for November.

November of 2000. [Razz]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
November 7, specifically.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neato- you guys think it'll really get released this time?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, they want me to buy the calendars again? I'm gonna have to see this thing firsthand before I decide it's worth any money for me...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm. Looks to be in widescreen format, so no need for your "spineseamitis." Also...184 pages. Now...how long have they been doing CGI for the calendars? I took off about 12 pages from that numer & then divided by 12 to get 14 & a third. Even if they put in every image every used in every calendar, I KNOW they haven't been producing SOTL since 1992.

Also, my brian just decided a SOTL show series would be a good idea, even though it's highly improbable & would be laughed out of Viacom's office.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Not even at Trek's height.

...now a quarterly magazine with fan submissions bolstering the pro art....I could see that doing well.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found an image of the back of the calendar:

http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/341/sotl2007.jpg

Looks to me like that new Starfleet ship is similar in design to the Enterprise-J...

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see.

So either the ship is from the future & come back in time for some reason, that Galaxy is perhaps 100 years old, or (more likely) the imagers are on crack.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Strangely enough it looks like a Stingray...
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Maybe it just impaled the USS Irwin. [Big Grin]

I can imagine the caption:
"Future Sabre collides with aincent Galaxy class".

"On crack" is hardly adequate to describe the senselessness.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Amargosa image does look rubbish. :| I'm surprised they used that as the main one on the back cover. The others all look way better. I know everyone's saying the Wolf 359 one isn't very good, but at least in this tiny version it looks pretty interesting. I even like the Encounter at Farpoint pic, and I can't stand that episode or those ships/creatures.

The new ship definitely looks to be from the same period as the Ent-J, and I quite like it. It's obviously not as huge as the Ent-J, and from the pic it doesn't look stupidly flat.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah it looks nice, but for a 26th century starship it looks to advanced compared to the 29th century Wells. Also, I checked out Memory alpha and in the Enterprise-J entry it states that Ships of the Line calls the Ent-J a "Celestial class" starship.
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really? I could have sworn that entry said "Flying Pancake" class.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Well, Ships of the Line is non-canon [Wink]
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps