Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » 2007 Ships of the Line Calendar (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: 2007 Ships of the Line Calendar
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
Really? I could have sworn that entry said "Flying Pancake" class.

Thing class (as in John Carpenter's).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Not as in Volkswagen's?)
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm I should post a scan of a drawing of a starship I drew years ago... I found it while cleaning out stuff not long ago. I thought it looked cool so I kept it. It looks like the 'new' vessel there.
Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I bought the damn thing, but my scanner and my photoshopping skills are not good. Neither is the calender, shoddy work with a few exceptions. However, I would like to see scans of the hybrid NCC 1701, the "Manta ray" and the TAS ship. Anyone? Please...

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I've just purchased the Ships of the Line for 2007.

One word sums up this year's effort:

CRAP!

Truely crap.

The only saving graces - the cover (and that's a model) and Andrew Probert's fantastic pic.

The rest is just uninspired boring miss-mashes of ships and crap.

The worst pic would have to go to the destruction of the Solar Observatory from Generations - that E-D model is SO bad. The edge of the saucer is not rounded. There is no 10-forward windows the hatches look like they were drawn in (no offense) powerpoint.

The forward/saucer deflectors have been turned into windows as well. The model for the solar observatory is simplistic and crap.

This whole thing is crap - why didn't I wait until the post christmas saleS?? Oh that's right I've been collecting all of them - can't stop now.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:

Thank god I got whats-his-face out of that idea - can't remember his name - he did that cool Daedelus and a lot of bridge renderings. He stopped doing the 'light = empty white' and it looked more realistic.

Sean Robertson.
My ears are burning! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

"The ulimate measure of a man is not where he stands in times of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy."
-- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

MattC
Member # 1391

- posted      Profile for MattC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
So I've just purchased the Ships of the Line for 2007.

One word sums up this year's effort:

CRAP!

Truely crap.

The only saving graces - the cover (and that's a model) and Andrew Probert's fantastic pic.

The rest is just uninspired boring miss-mashes of ships and crap.

The worst pic would have to go to the destruction of the Solar Observatory from Generations - that E-D model is SO bad. The edge of the saucer is not rounded. There is no 10-forward windows the hatches look like they were drawn in (no offense) powerpoint.

The forward/saucer deflectors have been turned into windows as well. The model for the solar observatory is simplistic and crap.

This whole thing is crap - why didn't I wait until the post christmas saleS?? Oh that's right I've been collecting all of them - can't stop now.

That Ent-D model is truly rubbish, I dunno why it still gets used. Gabe's one is a lot better as is Dave's (the 1 million poly beast). Still I was pleased at the way the C turned out.

M

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.