Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » "New" ships in TOS Enhanced discussion (Page 7)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: "New" ships in TOS Enhanced discussion
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AND use Jein registries for the ships in "Ultimate Computer".

I guess it's unavoidable. But at least they won't work a flashback graphic of the Republic into "Court Martial" to show that she would have been a Constitution, too...

I hope.

Timo Saloniemi

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So TOS is going to come out on HD-DVD? I thought Blue-Ray was where it was at?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Okudas decide most of the nitty gritty details, so I'd expect to see most of the 'conjecture' in the Encyclopedias become canon. Or revised canon, rather.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here comes the Exeter!

http://trekmovie.com/2007/06/27/take-a-pledge-to-the-omega-glory-remastered-preview/

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Hey, so, it looks like details about the next film are starting to come out?)
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So here we have our first Jein registry.

Or at least the first new Constitution registry that goes explicitly against the idea that there are about a dozen ships named consecutively from NCC-1700 upwards. While some of the registry here is obscured, the second digit isn't 7 (although we can still choose whether to think of it as 6 or 8, I guess).

Timo Saloniemi

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if the Antares will be NCC-501... [Razz]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looked like a 6 on the registry to me.
Timo
Member # 245

Well, it is 6: the registry no doubt is the Jeinian-Okudaic NCC-1672.

But we can pretend it is 18something if we wish to think that this batch of ships began with NCC-1700 and had at least somewhat systematically registries higher than that. Although a fat lot of help that is, when NCC-1017 is already reconfirmed, and "The Ultimate Computer" looms around the corner.

Timo Saloniemi

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I wonder if the Antares will be NCC-501.
I'm just hoping it won't look like the NX-01.

Of course, I'm still hoping that it will look significantly older than the Constitution class, so that at least there will be no way in hell that it'll be confused as the class ship for the TNG's U.S.S. Hermes. (And yes, I believe that the Antares being the first of it's class, as mentioned in the Encyclopedia, is just a mistake).

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Timo:
Well, it is 6: the registry no doubt is the Jeinian-Okudaic NCC-1672.

But we can pretend it is 18something if we wish to think that this batch of ships began with NCC-1700 and had at least somewhat systematically registries higher than that. Although a fat lot of help that is, when NCC-1017 is already reconfirmed, and "The Ultimate Computer" looms around the corner.

I don't find this surprising at all, considering that Okuda is playing a significant role in the "remastering" process. Even leaving that factor aside, the Jein Constitution registries are invariably to be found in all contemporary licensed source materials, both "fiction" and "non-fiction." This is clearly the "official" stance that they intend to stick by.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Johnny
Member # 878

A closer look.

http://trekmovie.com/wp-content/uploads/omega/new_omega_glory_05.jpg

Definitely 1672

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey ILM will be doing the effects for the new movie and the TOS Enterprise will also appear in the film.

http://trekmovie.com/2007/07/02/ilm-to-provide-effects-for-star-trek-enterprise-to-appear-in-film/

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
Hey ILM will be doing the effects for the new movie and the TOS Enterprise will also appear in the film.

http://trekmovie.com/2007/07/02/ilm-to-provide-effects-for-star-trek-enterprise-to-appear-in-film/

i just spent an hour looking at Youtube clips of the FX for DOOMSDAY MACHINE-R... I must admit, it hugely impressed.

[Smile] wow. It also, oddly enough makes me horny...

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Antares!

http://trekmovie.com/2007/07/03/image-from-charlie-x-remastered/

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps