Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$$Orion ship in "Journey to Babel (Okay, get excited!)$$$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $$$Orion ship in "Journey to Babel (Okay, get excited!)$$$
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fuck yeah- I'm digging all the new designs thus far.
The Orion ship rocks because it's got two seperate geometries going and that quickly roating glowing is so distracting....
I envision a whole shipload of Kzinti helplessly batting at their viewscreen as the Orion ship zooms by.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That new image of the Orion ship rocks. And I'm sooooo glad that it's not green (although I already knew that from the preview).

I can't wait to see the Antares!

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And remember that after Journey to Babel comes the Doomsday Machine. Also Daren Dotcherman will be releasing his own enhanced version of the episode!

http://trekmovie.com/2007/01/31/preview-of-dochtermans-enhanced-doomsday-machine/

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy crap! I can't believe how good that looks.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What will be the slot in "Charlie X" where we might glimpse the Antares? Before the first shot of the original episode? There wasn't any establishing exterior VFX in the original episode, for obvious reasons, so they'd have to insert new stuff while simultaneously trimming down the episode to syndicated length...

I just hope the eventual DVD release will have all the live action AND the new Antares bits, with not a second missing.

Dochterman is God. (I wish Okuda and pals had the time and money to be Gods, too.)

Timo Saloniemi

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they confirmed recently that the DVDs will be full length episodes, not the syndication edits. Unfortunately, the team are being forced to finish off all the first season eps so they can be released on DVD, while at the same time doing episodes from seasons two and three for tv broadcast. They're really being stretched.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EFX video is up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuVaBb-j2tU

The Enterprise really tears that Orion ship a new one. Also the shuttle landing sequence was really well done.

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The rumor now goes that the long scene with the shuttle and the rows of honor guard on the background received a new backdrop as well, not shown on the YouTube VFX reel yet. Essentially, the shuttle was shown nose aft, with the side observation gallery on the background and the corridor thus on the starboard side of the bay... Not an ideal solution. [Frown]

Timo Saloniemi

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huh. Interesting. The starboard phasers fire & end slightly before the port ones. Phaser Control officer hitting the switches oddly, or is our girl just right-handed?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

RAMA4
Member # 1229

- posted      Profile for RAMA4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
Just saw the preview for JTB on Startrek.com:

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/news/article/26395.html

http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/341/Orion.jpg

Besides the awesome new shuttlecraft landing, it looks like we get a new design for the "pinwheel-class" Orion ship, based on the "spinning glob of light" from the original footage! There's definitely a structure to it this time around, with what looks like a wheel with lights spinning around. Unfortunately, as in the original it zooms by so fast that it's hard to get a good glimpse of it (although I'm sure Startrek.com will be posting the pics of it soon). Yay!

I love that ship!! It has an older look about it, but also looks somewhat like a swirl.

RAMA4

--------------------
Modern bodybuilding is ritual, religion, sport, art, and science, awash in Western chemistry and mathematics. Defying nature, it surpasses it.

CAMILLE PAGLIA

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps