Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Sacajawea Class - ST Online

Author Topic: Sacajawea Class - ST Online
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, anyone else seen the new ship concept art for Star Trek Online?
http://www.startrekonline.com/gallery/viewimage.php?STOSacagawea.jpg

I kinda like it. It's runabout-sized, but very fat.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fair damn sexy that.

The pop out nacelles have distinctly Puddle Jumperish quality that I'm not sure I like. I'm positive I don't like the flip-up aspect of the nacelles.

I know it's just concept art, but the registry is way too low.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like a Minivan crossed with a dinghy. I suppose it would make a good cover for a calendar named "The Soccer Moms of Star Trek"

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Dr. Evil]

I will call it Mini-Sabre..!

[/Dr. Evil]

Yes, it looks like a post-Nemesis Runabout. I'm willing to bet that's the idea.

Now, check out this starbase and tiny Federation starship!

http://www.startrekonline.com/gallery/viewimage.php?STOStarbase.jpg

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like a classic Eaves shuttle design: the only two means of ingress/egress are transporter and a gamma-welding torch...

The starbase is sweet, tho.

Timo Saloniemi

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, that Starbase and Starship look real sleek and sexy...I want to make love to them both.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that damage on the starbase? It looks to me like it's been attacked.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's so dark it looks like "Matrix Reloaded" concept art.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
Is that damage on the starbase? It looks to me like it's been attacked.

Yeah it does look like damage. I wonder who the baddies will be in this I game. I hope they come up with something original,I'm tired of fighting the Borg in Star Trek video games.
Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reminds me of a merchantman type
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking from a game perspective, this looks to be a design for a solo or small team starship.

The "interchangeable" note sounds interesting. It might indicate that you can customize and upgrade your ship. It would be very cool if there were (limited) ways to create more personalized starships.

But yeah.. even from a gaming POV (which has totally different concerns than that of a scifi show or of 'real' future universe building), the egress problem seems odd. Apparently, you can't actually land this thing and walk out, from the looks of these concepts. Probably a 'beam out' loading screen type of deal.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

Considering this is just concept art, I would hope that the game designers add a hatch somewhere (I'd put it on the rear).
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There DOES seem to be one.. Look carefully at the perspective view. Under the aft torpedo launchers, there could be a two-part door that opens outward and up/down. Might be a window on the upper part, too.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps