Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » USS Defiant correct schematics for model?

Author Topic: USS Defiant correct schematics for model?
LordHorusNL
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, i'm working on a DS9 mod for the source engine and having some problems getting correct schematics for the Defiant. I found various different ones on the net but they all seem to be incorrect when comparing them to the actual screen used model.

These ones seem to be the closest i could find to the real deal but the front and back intakes on the nacelles dont match the actual model used in DS9.
Defiant Schematic 1

And these have more detail but the nose and some parts of the hull seem to have the wrong shape.
Defiant Schematic 2

Both schematics are wrong so are there any correct ones anyone knows about? And what do you guys think about the apparent lack of acurate drawings for this starship.

Thanks

IP: Logged
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of it is due to the fact that subtle (and not-so-subtle) variations exist between the several different versions of the ship used for the show. See here.

Welcome, BTW, and good luck with your project!

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

LordHorusNL
Ex-Member

Thanks

Yeah, i'm aware of the various different versions in the show but i'm going for the standard model like the one shown at the star trek auction.

I've been screwing around with this for the past few days because i want the defiant to be just perfect and it's holding up production because i want the exterior model done before i start on the bridge.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck on your mod. Are you aware of some other people who are making an Enterprise mod?
LordHorusNL
Ex-Member

Yes, TCW i believe it's called, however my mod/gametype will be very different. In my mod the player will be able to control the Defiant and DS9 plus other ships i hope and actualy be able to control most of the systems/subsystems in sngleplayer and co-op.

So you will be able to walk around on the deffiant/station and interact with the environment and other players/npc's while doing missions or just roleplaying/exploring space.

So lets say you want to be an engineer, fine pick up a toolkit and start working on the defiant, turn the deflector dish into some type of energy weapon or you might want to be communications officer in ops or run quarks bar! It's all possible.

It will be unlike any mod/game thats out there. I wanted to do this since HL1 was released and now with source and the fact that i work on games for a living i'll be able to finaly create this gametype. Will take a while but it will be worth it.

I'm not some kid that wants to create a mod because he thinks it's easy, i'm an environmental artist and know what i'm doing so any info you guys can give me on the schematics will be most appreciated plus if you have any idea's about what you would like to see in such a mod please let me know.

Treknophile
Member # 1869

- posted      Profile for Treknophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to honk my own horn, but our Defiant plans were designed using every canon source available.

--------------------
www.strategicdesignpub.com

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Treknophile:
Up all night and honkin' me own horn to pr0n, pr0n, pr0n, but our Defiant plans were designed using every canon source available.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.