Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Klingon Bird-of-Prey Wing Positions (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Klingon Bird-of-Prey Wing Positions
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's no point trying to justify any of this as there's inconsistencies all over the place.
For one, the cargo bay/holding tank set is WAY too small, the cargo bay door exterior mock-up doesn't correspond to any exterior detail on the BoP miniature, which is presumably the same door that Sulu lowered the transparent aluminium through, which makes that impossible too.
In fact that whole movie, is ironically the least reliable for scale reference.
Point of interest, how wide is golden gate park?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Google maps - Golden Gate Park

It looks pretty big, but I guess you're limited to the cleared areas. Of course, I have no idea if this is even close to how the park looked in 1986.

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It rivals New York's Central Part for size. There are many, many different places Sulu could tuck a 110-metre BoP without interfering with anything. [Smile]

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I just had a snoop round the place on Google Earth using the ruler and the only open space I can find that's big enough for the 110m BoP is that open area in the NW quarter, right next to JFK Drive.
Not that it probably matters much, but is there anyway of knowing which part they filmed in? I understand we have at least on Frisco native on the board.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps