Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Akira class renders (Page 3)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Akira class renders
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meh, it was an interesting concept with a bad plot and poor execution.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Says the Reboot fan? Really? [Razz]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, so says me. [Razz] Though in defense of ReBoot, it didn't take itself too seriously. And you know, it was a kid's show. FF was geared towards adults and tried to stand on par with more serious dramas, which is a commendable. Though you know what would have helped? Maybe having a connection to the games it was named after.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since when has Final Fantasy EVER been about interconnectivity?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

True. But there is this one little universe in FF that revolves around the seventh game, and the kids just love it.
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
links please (I'd ask my brother about it but... uh.. well... he's deceased. And i'm in no really hurry to get an opertunity to ask him... er... fuck.) just provide fucking links, god damnit!

/me goes to corner to sulk. [Frown]

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reverend: I liked it too. I'm just saying the graphics weren't as realistic as the hype says they were. Which was to be expected I suppose.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I never pay much attention to hype and to be honest, the un-reality of it is part of what I liked. Shades of Akira, Ghost in the Shell, for those familiar with Japanese animated films (ones that DON'T involve giant robots.)
There's something about the concept about an invasion of alien ghosts which seamed so original and truly menacing, which is more than you can say for most Sci-Fi films, animated or no.

As for the graphics, sure they weren't totally realistic, the characters were a bit stiff and there's that slump in the middle that most action films suffer from...but hey, all films are a product of their time and at the time that was the best that was being done and I'm sure if the company lasted longer their second film would have show the lessons they learnt on that project. In fact check out "final flight of the Osiris" from the Animatrix and you can see they did just that.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Well yeah the alien ghost concept was cool, but then the movie got all metaphysical and "save the whales" on my ass.
The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That and the whole "James Woods in the doomsday machine, gonna blow up all the red thingys and destroy all Captain Planet stood for" plot was just crap.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
Well yeah the alien ghost concept was cool, but then the movie got all metaphysical and "save the whales" on my ass.

As I said, shades of Ghost in the Shell, which is about as metaphysical as these things get, just unlike films like...oh...The Matrix, it was reasonably coherent.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Well I never saw Ghost in the Shell, and The Matrix(though enjoyable)wasn't exactly my cup of tea.
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
(ones that DON'T involve giant robots.)

So what is your point? [Razz]

Gunhead? (the one made in the late 80's) Robot Jox?

Johnny Socko and his Flying Robot? (Or do you prefer Giant Robo? [Big Grin]

and....

MacrossMacrossMacrossMacrossMacrossMacrossMacrossMacrossMacrossMacrossMacrossMacrossMacrossMacrossMacrossMacross....

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

No thank you. There something about giant manned robots with GIANT rifles and GIANT swords that smacks of the sillies to me.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We want the Norway!! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps