Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Akira class renders (Page 4)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Akira class renders
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can't handle the Norway!! Also wasn't it lost, gone FOREVER!
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
No thank you. There something about giant manned robots with GIANT rifles and GIANT swords that smacks of the sillies to me.

oh. your talking Eva then... or gundam (but yeah, Gundam being the mechawhored frantise and all

but you gotta admit, the Gouf Custom from MSG:8thMST looked cool... [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:

so what was stopping them from remaking one? or for that matter CGI's of, say, the BoBW's ships?

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rev: I know what you mean. Every time I see something like that I hear the Power Rangers theme music somewhere in the depths of what I claim to be my brain.

I saw an episode of Ghost in the Shell once and liked it. I keep meaning to watch it.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
but you gotta admit, the Gouf Custom from MSG:8thMST looked cool... [Big Grin]
Maybe...if I had the slightest clue what that was.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only shows containing MECH-like robots were power rangers, and Voltron. I saw a couple episodes of Gundam when I was younger, but never really understood it.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

so what was stopping them from remaking one? or for that matter CGI's of, say, the BoBW's ships? [/QB]
Why bother? Its unlikely we're are ever going to see the TNG era again.
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women prostrate on his knees:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women bent over backwards, with tassles:

so what was stopping them from remaking one? or for that matter CGI's of, say, the BoBW's ships?

Why bother? Its unlikely we're are ever going to see the TNG era again. [/QB]
unless they pull another 'These are the voyages' for what ever format they do...

OH Reveeeeeeereeeeennnnnndddddddddd! Look here! Pig pr0n!

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gouf? Is it piloted by Goofy?

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From Akira to Gouf in 4 pages!
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why bother? Its unlikely we're are ever going to see the TNG era again. [/QB]
I wouldn't be so sure. Some of the elderly Spock scenes in the new movie will probably be set in the TNG era, although it's anybody's guess whether we'll see anything more than some nondescript room on Vulcan or something.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Dunno; Sarek only just died in TNG era. Depending on just how old Spock is in the new movie, it could be quite a bit after TNG. How old was Spock in Unification? Sarek was just over 200 at the time, I remember that.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
136 as of "Unification", 152 in the current year.

I would expect Spock to die sometime soon due to his mixed heritage.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Well, you must also take into account what happened on genesis. Maybe that may extend his lifespan. So, maybe he was younger when he left genesis than when he arrived. I doubt that Kirk and company could have known at exactly what time to take Spock off of the planet, only that they needed to get him off asap. So, he could be 30 or 40 years longer than he originally was. He doesn't have to look younger. Take Tpol, she is like 50 or something and looks in her 20's.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shik:
136 as of "Unification", 152 in the current year.

I would expect Spock to die sometime soon due to his mixed heritage.

Also remember that by then humans can easily clock-in well over the 100 mark, even McCoy made it to at least 137 and still had the ability to walk on his own and breath without a respirator. Which is more than you can say with most 90 year olds today. Besides, Spock's Vulcan side has always been dominant, biologically speaking so I think he could make it to 200. Oddly enough, ($POILER ALERT!) if the rumours about him travelling back to the mid 23rd century are correct, he'd be about on par with T'Pol, age wise, that is assuming she's still around.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think so. If anything, he was older after Genesis. I'm basing thins on the fact that, as you said, T'Pol was in her 60s, Sarek 102, Tuvok about 100, & they were fresh-faced...whereas Spock was haggard as fuck all by the time he was 60.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps