Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Akira class renders (Page 5)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Akira class renders
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...and not looking much different 80 years later.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do we know have a birth date for him?

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know I always believed T'pol was older than we were made to believe. Carbon Creek to me made it seem that she was lying to Archer and Tucker about her grandma being on that faithful mission and it was she who was on the Vulcan ship that crashed. And yet her mommy was still around for season 4...
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, she told us how old she was at one point, in a humerous Kirk/Spock/McCoy=Archer/Trip/Tpol moment.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I know, but I found it so hard to believe that she's a duplicate of her grandmother like the wacky Soong family.
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't know what to make of Carbon Creek. I chose to believe the story was made up and that she came by the heirloom we see her looking at at the end of the episode some other way. Otherwise it's kind of, you know, hard to believe...

Spock was haggard at 60 and about the same 80 years later, yes. So, maybe his mixed heritage means he'll live as old as 200 or so (considering how old humans can be at that time, which was a good point) but he visually ages more quickly - McCoy looked like shit even though he could walk and breathe. Or maybe going through Genesis made him age more quickly, who knows. Bottom line is he may have as many as 50 years left to him, so they could set the 'elderly Spock' scenes as late as 40-60 years after TNG. (And they really should; Leonard Nimoy looks a lot older than he did during TNG. Humans don't age nearly as gracefully as Vulcans [or humans of the 24th century ;P].)

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ponderings... I can't seem to find the 400 million post strong thread on Paramount's Yard Sale on Ebay, but in light of my curiousity on the idea of CGI BoBW ships...

did they sell the models from BoBW's? if so, who has them? Bernd, you might help on this? (especially the guy who made the Niagara and Freedom vessels? does he still have those two?)

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

The BoBW ships, though at the heart of numerous speculation and discussion, were never meant to be more than wreckage to be used for an episode of TNG. The idea that they would be resurrected in CGI in light of all the other more prominent TNG era ships is hopeful wish at best.

In anycase, wasn't there a Galaxy-class model that was lost somewhere. I know the Ent-D existed as several models with different sizes, and one of them went missing. It would resurface in Planet Hollywood and then in the hands of some female Trek uberfan. There was a Galaxy class at Christie's auction, but I don't know if that was it.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

I just hope that no one destroys those models, or they become lost to time. They are historical artifacts, afterall, if not that, then at least they are uber important to the millions of geeks out there like me.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Of course I don't wish anything bad for those ships and in fact I'm somewhat saddened when I hear about things like the loss of the Norway class and Excelsior Refit CGI.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

I'm talking about the models sold at auction, like the TMP motion model, but yeah, it would be bad to lose those piece of shit quickie models too. They are something that noone ever thought anyone would care about at the time they were built, but look where we are now.

Never underestimate the fans TPTB, never underestimate the fans...

--------------------

-George Carlin

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well the last time we saw anything of the New Orleans model it was hanging up in Mike Okuda's office (titillating many a fan in one of the TNG DVD extras), so I get the impression that the BoBW models haven't surfaced in the auctions because Okuda and co and keeping them in a safe place.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and hopefully wisely scanning them so they can be used to make TNG-Remastered a better, better place...

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TNG-Remastered is not going to happen.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sob* Don't *say* that!!
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.