Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Akira class renders (Page 6)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Akira class renders
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pensive's Wetness:
and hopefully wisely scanning them so they can be used to make TNG-Remastered a better, better place...

It'd be simpler just to take measurements and build a stand alone CG model than any of that 3D scanning business, but the original models would certainly still make very useful reference material.

I know the TOS Remastered crew have mentioned doing a TNG update, but I can't see it happening. At least not for a long time. Apart from the fact that they probably wouldn't get funding, I don't think a lot of fans would like it.

The fan reaction to TOS:R has been quite mixed even among people who approve of the idea. In some cases the new effects have actually looked worse than the originals, or haven't lived up to the standards we expect in today's effects shots. And that was when they were just updating simple optical effects and models that had little detail.

The potential to fuck up with TNG is greatly increased because everything in TNG is already at a fairly high standard. The models are highly detailed, so the team would eat up valuable time in making their replicas, which wouldn't give much leeway for the one thing that's actually worth updating TNG for, the choreography of the ships.

The best chance you have of seeing anything resembling remastered TNG effects is if the fans do it, like with that Wolf 359 project.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also since TOS:R hasn't been generating as many viewers as TPTB were hoping for.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wouldn't that be because the show is in a crappy time slot? I dont think that noon on sundays, on varing networks, depending on where you live is very good for viewership

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not even a single time; the remastered eps are actually syndicated, so they appear in different time slots in different markets. Plus, they haven't really done too good a job promoting the schedule, either. It's not a good sign when you have to go to a fan site to get the schedule...

Besides, it's not like we haven't seen these eps before. Sure, the new effects are cool, but do I really want to watch every episode all over again just to see the effects? Most times, the answer for me is "no."

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here, they air at 10p.m. on Saturdays. Except during college football season. Then they air whenever the game ends.
Zefram
Member # 1568

- posted      Profile for Zefram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Idaho they've been showing TOS:R anywhere from 11:30 PM Saturday night to noon on Sundays. It doesn't matter to me; the DVR takes care of the scheduling problems and I watch the episodes when I please. In fact, I don't know when any of the shows I regularly watch are on. I just go to the DVR listing, see that it recorded a new episode, and watch it.

--------------------
"Having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gee, that would be a nice luxury.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's what grown up jobs will buy for you. [Razz]
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Hey don't rub it in.

At least I dont have to pay taxes.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Zefram
Member # 1568

- posted      Profile for Zefram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but when you do pay taxes they'll help pay for my DVR since I work for the government.

--------------------
"Having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sean: I ain't rubbin' anything in. I'm still in school.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

You're in College right? So you're paying for your schooling.

Well, technically the tax payers pay an outrageous price for my schooling, but as I dont pay that, I don't count it.

My options for local work here ( within a short walk or bike ride, a drive if I have to),once I get my working papers this summer, are probably a stock boy at the local market, a job flipping burgers or making sundaes at the ice cream parlour, or maybe a job in the next town over, working at a McDonalds or the Super Market.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
from Akira to Taxidermy... in 6 pages.

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Hey, play on words. I got that one! [Big Grin]

--------------------

-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Actually most of us pay for schooling with massive amounts of debt owed to various banks and financial institutions, coupled with scholarships and grants. The remainder is most usually paid by family members [Big Grin]
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.