Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Shields during the Dominion War (Page 10)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Shields during the Dominion War
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, the Pacifier. Funny, but only because deisel seemed to have no idea what to do with kids.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'but did you get your nose wet, AFTER? Hmm...?'

'Hehehehehe, Well....'

'EWWWWWWWWWW!'

'The Internet is for Pr0n! The Intern...'

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so confused that I cant come up with a smart-ass remark for that one. Darn you.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw the Fantastic Four movie in theaters, it was crap.
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah..any female friend who wished to see that movie probably had a stroke during Sin City...or several.

"He made me WAAAAAAAAATCH!"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually she's quite blood thirsty. Her favourite flick is Ginger Snaps.
She just has trouble with the concept that just because a trailer makes you laugh, doesn't mean the film will too.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

So you mean that the trailer can be perfect but the movie still suck? I should never believe what I see in films. But what if the trailer sucks, or makes you question established facts.
**glances suspiciously at Star Trek XI Trailer**

--------------------

-George Carlin

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It can go either way. A skilful editor can assemble various scenes from a crap film to make it look better than it is, equally an editor that doesn't understand the material can grossly misrepresent the product.
A few examples off the top of my head would be the original Phantom Menace trailer that actually makes it look like it's going to be a proper Star Wars film and I think the original trailer for The Usual Suspects was shockingly bad and had little to do with what the film was about.
That tends to happen when the film-makers don't get a say in the marketing side of things.

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember seeing a trailer someone made for Fight Club that made it sound like a light-hearted romantic comedy. They even got the John Leader voiceover down pat.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

That's different. That's intentionally taking something out of context, like so. [Wink]

--------------------

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most of the long-version, 5-minute-or-more trailers I've seen *ruin* movies...the funny or action-packed parts are *all* stuffed into the trailer.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Yeah, the less the give you is sometimes better. I'd much rather see a 30 sec trailer and see just enough to get me hooked than see a 5 min trailer that condenses the movie and tells me pretty much all i need to know.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

An example of a good trailer...
Transformers, the hit of this summer.
The trailer had basically nothing in it, yet hooked millions of people, and was the most downloaded trailer on yahoo videos. I cant wait for transformers 2.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw Voyager "Macrocosm". And they say Enterprise was bad.
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

On balance I'd say Voyager had more good episodes than bad compared to Enterprise.
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps