Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Shields during the Dominion War (Page 8)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Shields during the Dominion War
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My chem teacher is cool. Short, 39 ish, soft spoken. I think she used to work at the Roswell Cancer institute or something. My lab teacher though........

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These days I'm lucky to understand what the lab instructors are saying. One of my instructors for a soils lab speaks so softly and with such a thick accent I have no idea what he's going on about....

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dirt, for Christ's sake, DIRT!!!! Could be Joe, maybe a relative.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually found the study of dirt to be quite abit easier than the study of how chemicals interact.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Loam. I love that word. It sounds like a toy. Oh yeah, cuz of "Floam"...

My lab TA was South Korean and didn't have too bad of an accent, he just didn't seem to give a proper crap about if anybody actually learned anything. I think he spent most of the labs working on his own classwork. Unless the lab administrator was present...Then he was the model of scholarly diligence.

I had an English teacher once, who was quite odd. Kept the class interested in Macbeth, anyway, when you never quite new when he was going to start reading in an entirely different voice and rhythm, or stop talking and freeze solid until somebody in the class read the next word. Once I was taking a quiz on the Norse words in Beowulf, (or were they Old English?? No...I think Old Norse...) and when I said out loud "Mr. B, I'm gonna just turn this in and go home and cry, ok?" he said, in a quiet, gentle voice, "You aren't going to go home and cry. You are going to go home and make yourself a bologna-and-cheese sandwich." ....

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a Chinese aerodynamics professor that not only spoke with a very hard-to-understand accent, but he was also pretty much deaf. In order to hear our questions, he had a transmitter box that he had to put in the middle of the room that broadcast to his huge hearing aids. Combine a thick Chinese-English accent with the muffled sounds of a deaf person trying to speak, and you'll get close to the frustration we had trying to understand everything in that class.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had an American textiles teacher who had a better English accent than I did and a Danish art teacher with a definite American twang...go figure.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ever witness a Chinese fellow speak English with a German accent? Nigh incomprehensible, I tell you.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No but I went to school with a half Malaysian Indian with a heavy Scottish accent. One of the benefits of growing up on an army camp.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Last year we had an exchange student from poland by the name of Kuba. Cool kid, liked by everyone.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paulo from Brasil and Trina from Denmark were exchange students I knew. How Paulo got in to the program one would never know, a drug addled smart ass comic.

Trina said that when she did her year in Spain and the one in the US she would still have to go back and do those two years in her schooling there, it didn't count. Is it still that way?

--------------------

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was a sophomore in high school, we had an exchange student from France named Olivier. He was every bit as French as our stereotypes would lead you to believe...*never* got any better at English, either. The Brazilian guy, Bruno, he went from 'thick accent' to 'remarkably fluent' over the year, but that Frenchie still made you furrow your brow in concentration to understand him. I just think he didn't much care how good his accent was...

No, it's not that way to my knowledge; Olivier and Bruno's credits counted. I don't know about Elena, she was from Finland and I never asked her - she said she spoke German and Spanish in addition to English and Finnish but when I tried to strike up a conversation in German she just looked at me and then turned away. So we didn't talk much [Razz]

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

I believe the credits are counted. I have a friend that will be spending out JR year in Italy, and even though she had to doube up on some classes this year, she doesnot have to take others, because she will take them over seas. I would love to know what her boyfriend thinks about this. All those foreign boys, interested in cute girls, a description which she deffinately qualifies for.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Trina said that for her school system, or country, that it didn't count. Mind you, some of you weren't thought of at that time, not even as a twinkle in your daddy's eye, and rules may very well have changed in the last 25 years....

--------------------

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

"not even as a twinkle in your daddy's eye"

Yeah you would be right, seeing as my dad is blind in one eye. And myopic and colorblind in the other, which has been passed down to me....

--------------------

-George Carlin

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps