Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Starbase Information... mine (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Starbase Information... mine
Treknophile
Member # 1869

- posted      Profile for Treknophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some time ago, we were discussing how many ships (and what kinds) were assigned to which starbases. I wrote a fairly intensive micro-essay on the subject - which I'd like to re-use for a mapping/fleet assignment project. The problem is that I can't find the stupid thing (serious memory issues - mine, not the laptops). Can anyone recall the thread?

--------------------
www.strategicdesignpub.com

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't recall the thread, and search using your member number doesn't pull up anything related to starbases. Are you sure you posted it here?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I checked with both his user numbers & found bupkis.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recall some vague discussion on this, but I can't find it either...

But damn, don't I wish I had time for "You're the Admiral!" again. Or the Wolf 359 project. Or...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Treknophile
Member # 1869

- posted      Profile for Treknophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No worries, I can't remember it either. I just thought it might make a good poster.

--------------------
www.strategicdesignpub.com

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm sure we could pull stuff out of our ass again here.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not want to watch anyone pull a starbase out of their ass. A rabbit would be bad enough.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't there a game here before that dealt with that issue? Like they gave you a set of problems with finite resources and you kind of had to complete a certain objective from Starfleet. I remember seeing that here when I was lurking around a bit.

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The " You're the Admiral" scenario's? But I don't see how that would stop anyone from pulling a large space port, or a small furry animal out of their ass. Nor would it provide the answer to why they put them there in the first place. I think I saw a link to the scenario on EAS's link page.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ritten:
I do not want to watch anyone pull a starbase out of their ass. A rabbit would be bad enough.

"Again!?! That trick never works!"
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear Wesly Crusher tried it with tribbles...

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
quote:
Originally posted by Ritten:

"Again!?! That trick never works!"
Especially not with those new Vanguard Starbases...
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
Nor would it provide the answer to why they put them there in the first place.

So true, so true, and another answer I do not want to know.

Mars, even a small one would be a feat.

--------------------

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

I present to you the 6th Star Trek series....

Star Trek: Suppository

--------------------

-George Carlin

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Ain't that some shit.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps