Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » NV / Triton / Neptune / Intrepid / Half-Saucer class drawing (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: NV / Triton / Neptune / Intrepid / Half-Saucer class drawing
Revanche
Member # 953

- posted      Profile for Revanche     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, ok, so I got a bit carried away with the subject line, but I wanted to make sure I didn't offend for not including the proper name. I'm partial to Timo's classification (Triton), just to have it out there.

[cough] Has anyone come across any drawings of this predecessor to the NX class? I'm working on a project where having a good line (or computer) drawing of the class would be helpful.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does he really call it the Triton? That's funny, because that's the same class name I gave it. Huh.

Anyway, the actual model file images can be found here.

[ April 08, 2008, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: Shik ]

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Revanche
Member # 953

- posted      Profile for Revanche     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who's the Man? Who's the Man?

Shik's the Man....the 5-Minute Man, by my count.

Thanks!

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I HIT THE WRONG BUTTON BECAUSE I AM A TARD. I WILL BE BUYING A HELMET NOW.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Revanche
Member # 953

Errr...don't copy, sorry. What's up?
Shik
Member # 343

I went to edit a typo in my first post & hit the quote button instead.

--------------------

Revanche
Member # 953

Roger! Hope it fits.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am now curious, if you posted the first post at 8:49 PM how did you edit it at 7:46 PM? Over an hour before you posted it. One would think that if you knew you had to edit the you wouldn't have made the mistake in the first place.

Shik, try using your back button to avoid being a TARD.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have heard the name Triton Class applied to the spatial torpedoes used by Enterprise, but never the Half Saucer design. I like Neptune class for the class name. I also like Iceland class for the Warp Delta. Wasn't it someone here that gave it that name?

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Shik
Member # 343

quote:
Originally posted by Ritten:
[QB] I am now curious, if you posted the first post at 8:49 PM how did you edit it at 7:46 PM? Over an hour before you posted it. One would think that if you knew you had to edit the you wouldn't have made the mistake in the first place./QB]

...Huh. That's a good question.

--------------------

Shik
Member # 343

quote:
Originally posted by Shik:
quote:
Originally posted by Ritten:
[QB] I am now curious, if you posted the first post at 8:49 PM how did you edit it at 7:46 PM? Over an hour before you posted it. One would think that if you knew you had to edit the you wouldn't have made the mistake in the first place./QB]

...Huh. That's a good question.
EDIT: Oh, I see what's going on. The DST shit on the server is fucked up.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I am now curious, if you posted the first post at 8:49 PM how did you edit it at 7:46 PM?"

The original timestamp displays according to your preferences. If you see 8:49p.m., I guess you're on Central Time, since that's what I see, too. Since the timestamp on the editing message is actually part of the text of the post, though, I'm guessing it doesn't change for each person who looks at it. And it's probably on Pacific Time. So he posted at 8:49p.m. Central Time (9:49p.m. his own time) and edited at 7:46p.m. Pacific Time (10:46 p.m. his own time).

I'm just guessing, though.

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nice how a nice quiet starship topic IMMEDIATLE goes to editing discussions... and asshats for Shik... Pastels are in fashion this year, right?

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And nail colors to match.
Revanche
Member # 953

quote:
I like Neptune class for the class name. I also like Iceland class for the Warp Delta. Wasn't it someone here that gave it that name?
Yeah, Timo does attribute the naming of the 'Iceland' class to the Flare forums. His notes for the Triton name (for the 'semi-circular' hull, which I read as half-saucer) say 'own.'

Anyone able to point to good graphics for the Iceland class? Screencaps will work, but -again- I'd prefer either line or computer designs.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps