Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Ships at the end of Star Trek: Generations (Page 5)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Ships at the end of Star Trek: Generations
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drove my Chevy to the levy but the levy was full of stars...
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My family has worked at the Ford plant here for 3 generations, so I'm screwed into buying Fords.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:

...my god.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shuttlepods in flight, Afternoon Delight...
HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Thank you. Not only did you make me laugh, but you got "O Canada" out of my head. That's been earworming me all week and I have no idea why.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...hmm, what's worse to have stuck in your head? "O Canada" or "American Pie"? Tough call.
I once had "Crazy Horses" by the Osmonds stuck in my head for a good three days, only to be replaced by "Cotten Eye Joe" by Rednex for a further week. Suicide was seriously considered as a remedy.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

OverRon
Member # 2036

- posted      Profile for OverRon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the Weird Al Star Wars remix of "American Pie" in my head for the better part of a month. "American Pie" came on the radio at work one day, and I was singing out the Star Wars lyrics. People looked at me strange...
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cotton Eye Joe is a very "sticky" song.

For weeks after I first learned the lyrics to O Canada it was running through my head. I don't know about you, HopefulNebula, but in my case I just thought the lyrics were so cool compared to ours. Really...patriotic. Not about rockets and bombs and shit. Ours is more like a war anthem [Razz]

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which makes sense, as it was, y'know, written during a battle in a war & all.

It is, however, supremely outdated. I suggest a change to something more befitting the new postmodern America. Perhaps "For The Love Of Money" by The O'Jays, or Ray Stevens' "It's Me Again, Margaret".

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I knew a girl in college that would beat you senseless if you ever started singing (humming, whatever) the theme song to "I Dream of Jeannie" around her. It was the one song she could *not* get out of her head!
Zefram
Member # 1568

- posted      Profile for Zefram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I don't know about you, HopefulNebula, but in my case I just thought the lyrics were so cool compared to ours. Really...patriotic. Not about rockets and bombs and shit. Ours is more like a war anthem [Razz]

Canada's independence didn't result from a revolution but from legislation passed in a Britain that no longer wanted to hold on to its empire. And the rockets and bombs mentioned in the song weren't America's but Britain's.

And if you like the Canadian National Anthem better than ours then why don't you just move to Canada!?! [Razz]

--------------------
"Having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

I plan on it! Socialized health care FTW! (Also, aero bars!)
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG you don't have Aero bars in the US?! That makes me want to eat the one on my desk here even more...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They sell aero bars in a small specialty store around here,( because we are so close to the border) but they are not mass retailed. I love to get those, and a Cadbury Crunch when I go to Canada. I think Mint aero bars are the best.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Pfft. Chocolate are the best. Noob.
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps