Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Ships at the end of Star Trek: Generations (Page 6)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Ships at the end of Star Trek: Generations
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I could include any ships I want for TNG-R, I would replace two of the Oberths with something new (or maybe the Raven?) and perhaps two or three of the Excelsiors with Probert's Ambassador.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me huggles the old fart Jermain [Big Grin]

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to see more Ambassadors floating around in any hypothetical TNG-R. Seems to me if the Excelsior is still around, the Ambassador *must* be. FFS, the Ent-C was only a destroyed, what was it, 27 years before "Yesterday's Enterprise"? 22?
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always figured the Ambassadors were off doing what they were built to do: exploring. Minus the few we saw or that were mentioned,

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, true enough.
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We did see the Excalibur and Zhukov, iirc, so they were floating around in TNG, some of them even on screen.

I reckon it's only a matter of time before a fan does their own TNG:R project, if it hasn't happened already. But to be done well it'd have to be a community project, or be very time consuming for an individual. And that's just a few episodes, nevermind 7 seasons. It'd really hinge on whether they used existing models or started from scratch.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
I'd like to see more Ambassadors floating around in any hypothetical TNG-R. Seems to me if the Excelsior is still around, the Ambassador *must* be. FFS, the Ent-C was only a destroyed, what was it, 27 years before "Yesterday's Enterprise"? 22?

Bring back the Constellation class!
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I just want the most glaring errors to be corrected in a TNG-R. For instance, a phaser beam coming out of a torpedo launcher is a no-no.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the thing's I'd change is substitute the HUGE Klingon BoPs with something new (to match the K'Vort dialogue) and/or a Vor'cha.
As for the reason why we saw more Excelsiors than Ambassadors floating around is simple. There's probably about five times as many Excelsiors in the fleet as there are Ambassadors and most of them are on workhorse duty, so of course they're the ones ferrying people and stuff to the frontier.
Even then, most of the time it was the Hood anyway, which seams to have been assigned as the Enterprise's backup.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Well, maybe the Enterprise actually did have a small associated flotilla of support vessels. Don't most ships IRL? Of course it's funny they never mentioned it... [Razz]

I'd want to see the first two seasons cleaned up visually. Those black cards pasted to the glossy stuff on set to block the c-lights, for instance, need to be edited out; and I don't know if they make the whole thing look a bit more "modern"...I mean, I don't know if they were using cheaper film or if it as just late-80's cameras, or if the film has deteriorated, or what, but something seems off to me in those early eps.

Zefram
Member # 1568

- posted      Profile for Zefram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to see the awful profile shots of starships that were used in the first few seasons go away. Watch the Enterprise go right. Now watch the Enterprise and another ship go left. Later seasons used much more dynamic shots that the earlier seasons couldn't match, either because of technical skill or budget constraints.

--------------------
"Having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bernd:
If I could include any ships I want for TNG-R, I would replace two of the Oberths with something new (or maybe the Raven?) and perhaps two or three of the Excelsiors with Probert's Ambassador.

Just as long as it's none of the First Contact ships.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you telling me you wouldn't like to see a Steamrunner or a Saber show up here and there? Shame on thee.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

I kind of like Steamrunner. Looks squat and tough.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well ,if we follow some peoples hypothesis that Steamrunners, and other First Contact ships are refitted older, but recent designs, them appearing in TNG-R would make sense. But, a Cheyenne, or New Orleans would be nice too.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps