Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » accurate Oberth-Class schematics (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: accurate Oberth-Class schematics
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Masao:
Card scans! Click me

Those are EXTREMELY useful, cheers!

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My pleasure!

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting to see how *blue* the rest of the hull is compared to the saucer in those scans. They really bring out the hull plating pattern.

The scans also show something I've never noticed before - the back end of the ribbed part of the nacelles have an inward notch. I always thought that they were straight across.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those shots are very cool.

So by my count, there are 4 decks in the bigger part of the saucer and 2 in the bulge on top. It also look slike there are rooms surrounding the bridge on deck 1. Seems to be 4 decks in the lower part too, not counting the top rounded part which seems to be deuterium storage or something.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The rooms surrounding the bridge would presumably be a conference room and captain's ready room or permutations thereof.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or senior officers' quarters.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The IDIC page has some similar shots: http://members.aol.com/WMccullars/GemKirk79.html

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, good a aft view! It's really hard to find any details on whatever that tail feature is. Oddly enough, in the Christie's auction photos that Starship Freak was kind enough to email, that bit has been blanked off.

Anyway, here's the latest progress.
 -

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

A few comments on contours, if it's not too early.
1. On the top and bottom views, the fronts of the nacelles should be more rounded. They appear to be half circles whose curves match the domes underneath.
2. The little fillet connecting the front of the nacelle to the primary hull dome should come out perpendicular to the nacelle. Yours start curving immediately towards the front of the ship.
3. The fillet appear to meet the primary at the rear edge of the door on the side of the primary hull.
4. On the bottom view, the curved line from the front of the pylon to forward of the center of the dish should begin to curve forward immediately. It does not have a straight perpendicular section as it leaves the nacelles. So, you've reversed the characteristics of the curves of the fillet and of this part.
5. The narrowest-appearing point of the fillet (mentioned in 3) is the point that it begins to curve forward. On your drawing, it's narrowest when it leaves the nacelle. This would be fixed by adusting the curves of the fillet and of the pylon.

This is why I hate drawing canon ships!

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

6. The the cutout of the most-outboard pair of blue panels should have a sharp corner, not a curve as you've shown.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Bloody hell. If I ever manage to get this right, you are SO putting it in the Museum!

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

The Oberth schematics at Ship Schematics are actually pretty good.
http://www.shipschematics.net/startrek/images/federation/scienceresearch_oberth.jpg

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Yeah those were my rough starting point, though you may notice it's missing the ventral sensor dome.

--------------------

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found my set, and Masao was too quick on the draw for me. I thought there were two other view but was wrong.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Ok, I think I've addressed all of Masao's points and noticed a few of my own.
 -
Still rather desperately need a clear view of the underside of the saucer substructure, especially the impulse engine's structure.

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps