Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » What ships are these? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What ships are these?
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Screenshot from DS9 6x05 "Favor the Bold" - a sweeping shot of the fleet assembling at Starbase 375. I have some doubts about some of the ship classes...

I think the ones highlighted in blue are Centaur-class; what do you guys think? I'm not sure at all about the one in green because it's hard to see, but I think it's a Miranda...as for the ones in red, I have no idea, but I've seen them a lot in DS9. Can anybody tell me what they are? The shot's from season 6 "Favor the Bold."

Oh - for some reason the PNG is just appearing as a black field in Firefox even though it looks fine in Paint, so, if you can't see it, I'll upload a JPG instead...

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
Oh - for some reason the PNG is just appearing as a black field in Firefox even though it looks fine in Paint, so, if you can't see it, I'll upload a JPG instead...

Black and coloured boxes in IE.
OverRon
Member # 2036

- posted      Profile for OverRon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, just coloured boxes on a black background for me too (FF2)
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't see the pic, but I can tell you that there was only one shot at SB 375 where the Centaur appeared, and it was in "Behind The Lines" (DS9). It was at the bottom right corner of the screen. The ships here are (probably) Mirandas.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha! We don't need to *see* the ships to ID them round these parts!

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope not coming up for me. JPEG FTW.
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well. On this piece of crap machine, full-screen video shows through black pixels in other applications, even when it's minimized. So that explains why I thought it was OK in paint - the still freeze-framed video was showing through!

However, that means the print screen button isn't snapping the shot. So I tried to use VLC's built-in screen grabber - and it crashed VLC. So, bottom line, no screenshot :-/ *sigh*

Well, anyway, the ones in blue I was talking about mmmight be Mirandas, I suppose. And the ones I hadn't seen before, in red, were identified during the next episode as Federation fighters. So, thanks for your help, I guess this thread was pointless since I can't post a shot B)

However, if anybody has the DVD/AVI, the shot was at 27:42, give or take some seconds if you have a different file.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pick it out from here and link us to it.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

I mean, like, if you want to...
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Wow. The exact same shot, almost. The boxes might even line up correctly... (edit) Nope, not quite...
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Excelsiors, Mirandas, Galaxys, the Defiant, and those fighters that most of us think are Peregrines. No Centaur.

As I said above, I'm 99.99999% positive that the ONLY appearance of the Centaur outside of "A Time To Stand" is in the opening shot here.

--------------------

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

It's the ships arrayed along the top of screen that sort of looked like Centaurs to me.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Mirandas.

--------------------

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

*holds hands up* OK, OK, they're Mirandas! [Razz]
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure a Centaur is in of of the 375 establishing shots, just not sure if it's this one. Muc easier to tell on a moving image than a still.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps