Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » What ships are these? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What ships are these?
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Rev, it's in the opening shot of "Behind The Lines" (DS9).

quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
As I said above, I'm 99.99999% positive that the ONLY appearance of the Centaur outside of "A Time To Stand" is in the opening shot here.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha, I remember way back, when someone did a great April Fool's using that shot, subsituting an Ambassador for that lone Galaxy heading towards the Starbase. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was it ever stated what the starbase itself had in terms of weapons? DS9 ended up packing a pretty good punch, but I don't recall us seeing any other station defend itself.

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lee: There was an Ambassador in the background of that shot, though...so what was the April Fools joke about?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. There was not.
Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, there definitely wasn't. Someone, it was almost ten years ago (the ep itself was quite recent at the time, and decent screencaps were hard to find), it might even have been Bernd, took that pic and modified it so it really WAS an Ambassador, and posted it on April Fool's Day.

--------------------

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Galaxy in the upper right just looked really Ambassadorial to me, I guess. Anyway, just how many Galaxy class ships does the fleet have? There were 6 of them at the end of TNG, correct? But in the six-episode arc at the beginning of the season, about retaking the station, there seem to be multiple wings of Galaxies - although it could be that a "Galaxy wing" is just a wing led by a Galaxy-class. Still, we saw at least 4 Galaxies in one shot during that Big Fucking Battle Scene.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've kicked that particular horse to death- the "Galaxy wing" thing certainly implies a grouping of ships led by a Galaxy class and not a whole squadron of them or whatever.

Someone pointed out that we never see more than five Galaxys at any given time (and only then in the Call to Arms grouping).

I'd think that the fleet would attack and defend in overlapping waves with a central ship leading a wing of destroyers, fighters and cruisers- probably the wing leader is the most powerful ship, carries the ranking officer and has the best command and communication abilities.
Also, no one of the command ships can wear those unseemly "manskirts" they showed on TNG's first season.

Ahkileez
Member # 734

- posted      Profile for Ahkileez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehe, I love it when real military tactical thinking slips into the fantasy of the Trek world [Smile]
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Well I wasn't here for said flogging of said deceased equine creature... *harumph*
Lee
Member # 393

Shame SWDAO doesn't exist anymore (or does it - must ask Frank next time he surfaces).

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everything formerly hosted at dgne isn't accessible anymore.... although I'm sure the Wayback Machine has it archived... Well, Frank might have it archived, too. I'll send him a FB message...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
Well I wasn't here for said flogging of said deceased equine creature... *harumph*

Do you really expect us to accept that as an excuse? [Razz]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

No, it was mostly a "moral victory" type counter-argument to make myself feel better. [Razz]
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
Everything formerly hosted at dgne isn't accessible anymore.... although I'm sure the Wayback Machine has it archived... Well, Frank might have it archived, too. I'll send him a FB message...

ah-HAH!
http://web.archive.org/web/20050306173042/http://frankg.dgne.com/swdao/index.html
And all the sections work, too! Someone may want to copy this.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.