Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Galaxy-class Deck One Head (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Galaxy-class Deck One Head
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheridan and Garibaldi were shown in a restroom once on B5.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BSG Redux has toilets as Gauis Baltar could tell you.
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BJ: Yeah, that scene impressed me. I remember they didn't wash their hands, though, they passed them under presumably radioactive thingies to clean them. So ok, they're sterile - but what if you've got a little drop o' gold on your finger? Wipe it on your pants??
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
Sheridan and Garibaldi were shown in a restroom once on B5.

They had pissers in Yamato, too [Big Grin]

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
BSG Redux has toilets as Gauis Baltar could tell you.

And Adama has a small bathroom in his quarters, though I can't recall if there's a loo.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BSG Redux has *unisex* toilets come to think of it again.
Treknophile
Member # 1869

- posted      Profile for Treknophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since Vulcan is an arid planet - and presumably Vulcans are descended from desert animals, they may not even need TP - their bowels might just recover any moisture. Seems logical.

Isn't anyone going to say "SHIT HAPPENS"? I can't be the only punster.

Seriously, all my bridges have adjacent heads. Things happen quickly in space. If you're not careful, you might miss it.

I'd expect 24th Century AC would take care of any odors (or 24th Century diets...). After all, all meats consumed onboard are synthetic. Maybe the reasons are partially esthetic - not just philosophic.

--------------------
www.strategicdesignpub.com

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there has to be somewhere for the new officer of the week to clean himself up when he shits his pants...

On second thought, maybe it's where they hide all the dead red shirts. Or yellow shirts. Whatever the hell they were.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

I was having a conversation about this with my brother the other day when it occurred to me that in the modern Navy there are, of course, heads...and the officers, obviously, must need to use them sometimes....so I wonder, has it ever been that the Admiral has been dropping a depth charge, so to speak, when suddenly the Russkies or a U-boat or something attacks? Explosions rock the ship, calls for the Admiral to the bridge, and he's there frantically trying to pinch it off and zip up his pants at the same time? It has to have happened, statistically speaking, right?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Next to the Head there should be a closet where they stash all the burnt out panels that explode weekly.
There's probably a huge storage area in the floor between the Con/Ops consoles and the viewscreen to store all the replacment panels/consoles....
Maybe a mop too- occasionally redshirt blood is spilled and we cant have that staining the beige carpet on the flagship, can we?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps