Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Request: Starships in Utopia Planitia yards scene (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Request: Starships in Utopia Planitia yards scene
Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, 1920 horizontally...
Man, I'm really off my game this weekend. [Razz]

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com
www.jaynz.info - The Record of Star Fleet

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You´re right of course, but I wasn´t looking for the magic starship fairy in the pics. I was merely wondering if we couldn´t see more easily in a bit larger pics.

But skip this discussion and focus on the starships instead.

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well enlarging a screen cap to that size is no different than zooming in slightly...so you should just try that.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cap his ass, Rev!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, thanks to Jörg, I now have caps, but since I no longer have any webpage, can someone please help a poor soul with 4 caps to host?

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Use Flare Upload!
Starship Freak
Member # 293

Thanks! I actually looked for that but couldn´t find a link.

Ok, here are now 4 pics, not all ships are in those but they are all I have, and these are courtesy of Jörg:

Utopia Planitia
Utopia Planitia 01
Utopia Planitia 02
Utopia Planitia 03

These are the ships I can see. The only unknown I can possibly identify is the one to the immediate left of the Galaxy in Utopia Planitia 02.

Any thoughts?

--------------------

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I can say is that there'd be absolutely no reason why the VFX guys would make a new CGI ship just to use it in the far background for one episode (unless it was an easter egg, like the Millennium Falcon in First Contact, or the TOS Enterprise in BSG). So whatever those unknown ships are, they're most likely something we've already seen.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well right off I can see several of those "unknowns" are Mirandas and that last one isn't an Akira, it's Voyager.

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, that's the sad part about CGI effects these days - no concept ship easter eggs! As for these pics, sadly I can't make much out. I suspect an animated image might make things a little clearer (at least for me).

(And the link to Flare Upload is above the thread listing inside the "Starships & Technology" and "Designs, Artwork, & Creativity" subfora.

Starship Freak
Member # 293

Ok, I would agree to there not being any significant surprises but I still would like to identify as many as possible.

B.J.: thanks.

Reverend: Mirandas? Which ones in particular are you thinking of?

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

The one directly between the Excelsior and the Galaxy on 'utopia01.jpg' & 'utopia02.jpg'.

--------------------

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
Yeah, that's the sad part about CGI effects these days - no concept ship easter eggs! As for these pics, sadly I can't make much out. I suspect an animated image might make things a little clearer (at least for me).

(And the link to Flare Upload is above the thread listing inside the "Starships & Technology" and "Designs, Artwork, & Creativity" subfora.

isn't that because they gotta fill all sorts of legal sh*t for anything they make as a paramount property, now adaze?

did they have to do anything when they made the Mill Falcon for FC?

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I doubt anyone really gives a shit about the legal ramifications of easter eggs, but I could be wrong.
Starship Freak
Member # 293

Miranda? really? I had that one pegged as a saber

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps