Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Future History - STO (Page 1)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Future History - STO
Ahkileez
Member # 734

- posted      Profile for Ahkileez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those of you that have been following the progress of Star Trek Online may know that the game is set some 30 years in the future from Nemesis.

The developers intend to fill in the gaps for every year from Nemesis to STO with a future history cribbed from the shows and novels and their own stuff.

Their first installment came out a couple of days ago.

Take a look at the future history of 2379-2380

Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't one of the BIG problems with the TNG-era was that the tech was insanely too advanced for adventuring. (Everything, literally, could be done for you with a voice command?) Why put this game 30 years PAST that period? Seems problematic.

Also, read the history... anyone of any importance for the next thirty years just HAPPENS to be a fan favorite character for the TNG - VOY shows. There's a shock.

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com
www.jaynz.info - The Record of Star Fleet

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plus, as usual, the human race s unchanged, despite interactions with countles alien cultures, technologies and religions and philosiphies....

You'd expect at least some level of societial alteration.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is supposed to bridge the universe we know with the Star Trek Online universe, which will rarely feature our "hero" characters.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shouldn't this go in the Creativity forum with the other fan fiction? This reads a bit like the timeline we created for Renaissance. [Razz]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They've revealed some new ship designs. Looks like one of them is Sovvie Refit, but they keep acting like its an entirely new design.

http://trekmovie.com/2009/01/02/sto-update-another-path-to-2409-entry-more-ship-images/

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
They've revealed some new ship designs. Looks like one of them is Sovvie Refit, but they keep acting like its an entirely new design.

http://trekmovie.com/2009/01/02/sto-update-another-path-to-2409-entry-more-ship-images/

To me, I'm not so much concerned with the fact that the NX-91001 looks a lot like a Sovereign.

My problem with it is, every time I look at it, I'm forced to mumble to myself, "Why? Why in the name of all that's holy would you put that fugly rollbar there?" [Big Grin]

What's new to me is that customization pic. If there's one thing I've learned from City of Heroes, it's that Cryptic is awesome at customization, and I'm betting that's just the tip of the iceberg at to what we can do.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That customization animation reminds me of Starship Creator but with better graphics. [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Starfleet faces it's greatest threat: design stagnation.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Starfleet faces it's greatest threat: design stagnation.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flare faces its greatest threat: double posting.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out of curiosity, does anyone here have the slightest intention of playing this game?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

I might check it out, but I'm not exactly looking to sink time and money into a black hole like a MMORPG...

--------------------

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like it'll be interesting to play for a while, but I've seen how my friends get sucked into WoW and I don't want to end up like that. It'll probably come down to how much money and free time I have when it comes out.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps